Grateful Dead Dave’s Picks 2019 Subscription

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by dtuck90, Oct 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

My very first subscription. Can't wait.

2. Freebird

Freebird Was 205 pounds, now 215.

Maybe this year we get a release of The Weight.

3. jazz_case

jazz_case Forum Resident

June 22, 1991 Soldier Field would be a decent release including "The Weight", a "Shakedown St.", AND a "Dark Star" jam.

4. tdcrjeff

tdcrjeff Senior Member

He really should have re-recorded it, the wind noise is awful.

footlooseman likes this.
  5. adamos

adamos Forum Resident

I played the heck out of my 2/26/77 tape back in the day so very happy this is being released.

6. giantleech

giantleech Lord of all fevers and plagues

Or-ror-rordered! :thumbsup:

Crispy Rob and WaterLemon like this.
  7. ishkabibble

ishkabibble Forum Resident

But what if the pelican had left by the time he went to re-record? Better to have bad sound and a floating pelican.

8. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

The new Dead net does not seem to want to take any of my credit cards, and PayPal failed also. What the hell is going on here?

Matthew Tate likes this.
  9. Dr. Luther's Assistant

Dr. Luther's Assistant dancing about architecture

I found the process much smoother, much quicker, than it has been. It had always been pretty bad in the past, I think.

(Perhaps your browser variety...?)

10. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

I'm on Firefox... will have to try on my phone a bit later. I live overseas, which may be causing the problem.

11. wavethatflag

wavethatflag God is love, but get it in writing.

It really is the best. I missed the first year because I was sort of out of it at the time, and I was also super-hesitant with the idea of buying unidentified shows. But it's basically a quarterly celebration of this music with a reasonable cover charge. And I personally think Lemieux knows what he's doing.

Crispy Rob, LucaB, adamos and 8 others like this.
  12. Big Swifty

Big Swifty Forum Resident

I just did it from Australia with no problems.

13. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

Aussies do it better! Lols.

Big Swifty likes this.
  14. They sure do some things better . . .

[​IMG]

Crispy Rob, LucaB, budwhite and 2 others like this.
  15. frightwigwam

frightwigwam Talented Amateur

Are there any more Big Shows from '77 that haven't been officially released in some way? Maybe 3/18 Winterland, but that well seems to be about dry, now.

Matthew Tate and warewolf95 like this.
  16. PhoffiFozz

PhoffiFozz Forum Resident

I'm glad I'm not alone! :)

Howard Bleach likes this.
  17. libertycaps

libertycaps Forum Resident

I must be going GoGD '77 MAD. Just bought the Winterland June '77 Box Set and cannot wait to get it and dig in!

KCWhistle likes this.
  18. Archtop

Archtop Soft Dead Crimson Cow

Same here, and mine (second set) is nearly a half-step slow, but is still smokin'. The tapes up on Relisten are almost exactly spot on, so pitch issues (worth worrying about unless one is, y'know, persnickety about such trivialities) aren't likely on this one. :nyah:--> :p

For those of you who may have dethroned themselves from their barstool based on my comments regarding a '77 show, well, I guess you need a stronger barstool.

19. ianuaditis

ianuaditis Matthew 21:17

I'd be in for a 'Summer of Dark Star' 91 Box Set.

20. Kate_C.

Kate_C. abyssus abyssum invocat

Though the opening salvo is a brute classic - Swing '77, one of my top 5 performances from a top 5 year - I'm simply fatigued by the density of releases from even preferred 70s' tours; moreover, recent shows outside the comfort zone have ranged from poor (#20) to unexceptional (#27). I suspect my appetite for new Dead can now be sated with prospective box sets, if desired, based on the higher degree of quality required to market a non-subscription (albeit limited), high ticket item. It seems most participants on the Dead boards/threads are too close to see the specious fog of rationalization that both acknowledges the increasing hit-or-miss and duplicative nature of the series while justifying re-subscription based on affordability.

Then again, the community picked up a lot of new members with FTW in '15 who don't have everything - or nearly so - that's been released and no longer affordable in physical format, for whom any 72/73/74/77 shows are unqualifiedly positive additions to collections. At 33 I'm starting to feel like an old Head. Incidentally, tons of fun in Hampton last week and in Nashville the past couple days at Ascend; on to the Allstate in Rosemont as the Fall tour continues. By-the by, anyone in reasonable driving distance of Nashville for whom the 1900 Paris Exhibition themed exhibit at the Frist art museum might hold some interest ought to make this a priority commitment.

21. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

No, me!!!

22. US Blues

US Blues Undermining Consensus Reality

Pelican Station.

23. scoutbb

scoutbb Senior Member

Ordered with no problems.

24. Lands End Drums

Lands End Drums Forum Resident

3/18/77 would be nice just for the added Terrapin bits but please, no more ‘77 for a while! Personally I’d be overjoyed if they gave the 70s a break. Every year has shows which deserve release, the mid/late 80s and 90s have been criminally ignored for far too long. I’d love some more from ‘85 with the imaginative set lists.

25. warewolf95

warewolf95 Forum Resident

All of 2 27 77 deserves release and we alsp need 5 18 77 for the sake of having every show from 5 5 to 5 26 (i think) released

wavethatflag, US Blues and KCWhistle like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.