Grease 1978 Film, a question of the actors

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Josh Reznikov II, Feb 5, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Josh Reznikov II

Josh Reznikov II Forum Resident Thread Starter

Not sure if this is appropriate for the SH forums, but is there any known affair that happened between the actors?? (Ex: Doody and Frenchy). I'm sure some are extremely curious of what relation Travolta & Olivia Newton-John was up to at the time... Who knows, according to the behind the scenes and included interviews, it strikes me a feeling that the actors may (or may not) have done anything personal while off the set. Maybe just a bit paranoid. It was the 70s ;)

2. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Not that I ever heard of. I didn't know him well, but I met Dennis Stewart ("Leo") a few times, and his only comment was there was a ton of coke on the set. It was also a pretty long and arduous shoot, but no real scandals and no real problems that I know of.

3. buzzzx

buzzzx Forum Resident

Jeff Conaway and the girl who played Patty Simcox. She talked about it once in an interview I saw.

bru87tr likes this.
  4. Josh Reznikov II

Do you perhaps remember where you've seen that interview?!?!

5. Josh Reznikov II

Hmmm, its just the way Didi Conn acts in her interviews keep me wondering if she did anything with Barry Pearl during off set. Maybe i'm just a bit paranoid? :confused:

Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
  6. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Jeff Conaway was married to Olivia Newton-John's sister for five years!

7. buzzzx

buzzzx Forum Resident

It was some reunion show or maybe when they re-released the movie. So it was several years ago. I remember her very clearly saying she and Jeff rehearsed the scene where he pulls up her dress many times privately, and she was very honest and laughing about it.

8. Josh Reznikov II

What about didi conn and barry pearl? Maybe they've done something off set? :confused:

9. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

I remember Jeff Conway saying his back hurt because he had to stoop low so he would not be taller then John Travolta in all their scenes together.

10. musicalbeds

musicalbeds Strange but not a stranger

Yep, when you elaborated, I recalled seeing that too....rehearsing it in private many times is what reminds me of seeing that.

11. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I thought he had a bad fall on set during the "Grease Lightning" number, and this started him on a decades-long addiction to pain pills that basically ruined his life and career.

driverdrummer and beatlematt like this.
  12. beatlematt

beatlematt Forum Resident

That too.

13. Electric Warrior

Electric Warrior Senior Member

14. gary191265

gary191265 Forum Resident

I'm not entirely sure you know what paranoid means!

somnar likes this.
  15. guppy270

guppy270 Forum Resident

Eddie Deezen ("Eugene") is on Facebook and he is extremely nice and friendly. He may have some insight into this if you ask him (he revealed the other day that he had a crush on one of the actresses but found out she was secretly seeing Jeff Conaway. Sorry I can't recall her name at the moment)

16. Josh Reznikov II

Is it ok to just send him a message on facebook? :confused:

17. Josh Reznikov II

Yikes! [​IMG]

SandAndGlass likes this.
  18. BEAThoven

BEAThoven Forum Resident

I'm trying to figure out the thrust of this thread -- Is the OP asking if all the actors were engaging in sex fun off set and such? Or something more ominous?

I figure this: Travolta was was on an incredible trajectory at the time. Coming off of a very successful television show (Welcome Back Kotter), he then hit a great movie trifecta at the time -- Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Urban Cowboy. Those movies were big money makers and they launched his popularity into the stratosphere. And the dude wasn't even 25 years old, right?

So, at the time, I'm sure all the young actors starring in the movie thought they were sitting on a big blockbuster just waiting to explode while filming it (it did)... I'm guessing that resulted in a coke and sex free-for-all off set. Party on, 1970s!

Last edited: Feb 24, 2016
  19. Josh Reznikov II

I would think Didi and Pearl may have had an affair :confused:

20. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

Why not? The worst he can do is to not reply to it.

21. Josh Reznikov II

He didn't :/ I had a very unusual and burning question (nothing personal)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.