Great Brick and Mortar Music Stores in Small Towns

Discussion in 'Music, Movie and Hardware Store Guide' started by Hot Ptah, Jan 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hot Ptah

Hot Ptah Forum Resident In Memoriam Thread Starter

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Inner-Sleeve-Records-CDs/131048986916894

A truly excellent brick and mortar music store is open and thriving in Wausau, Wisconsin. Inner Sleeve has been around since the 1970s and still has an excellent, deep selection. Its blues section is better than what I have seen in very large cities.

Post information about your favorite brick and mortar music stores which are still open in small towns!

2. Lightworker

Lightworker Forum Resident

Waterloo Records in Austin, TX is still going strong. There are a few other shops there that are also interesting these days.
    Sadly, the Washington, D.C. area has seen the demise of virtually all of it's classic vinyl emporiums. Those that do
    remain (Joe's Record Paradise, etc.) are mere shadows of their former greatness.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  3. tubbyslion

tubbyslion Forum Resident

Gerosa in Brookfield, CT. Well stocked new and used, reasonable, friendly, well organized. The used vinyl is always in good condition. Reminds me of the good old days...

midniteinsanjuan and Hot Ptah like this.
  4. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Many of the Bull Moose locations are in Maine and New Hampshire which, by definition, are all small cities or town. Portland Maine being the largest.

ARK, steelydanguy and Hot Ptah like this.
  5. dcottrell6

dcottrell6 Forum Resident

Inner Groove Records in Collingswood NJ.
    Good selection of used and some new.
    Dave the owner is great to talk to and will try and locate whatever you are looking for.
    Vinyl is good quality, fairly priced and accurately graded.

http://www.innergrooverecords.com/

We tend to go there on a Saturday afternoon and have dinner at some of the really good restaurants in the area.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  6. krisjay

krisjay Psychedelic Wave Rider

Bullmoose Waterville Maine (much better since the addition of a used record section)
    The Record Connection Waterville Maine (virtually a state treasure, bought some of my first records with my own money there 30+ years ago, same owner, same class act)

Hot Ptah likes this.
  7. steelydanguy

steelydanguy Forum Resident

Princeton, N.J., is a smallish college town, and it has one of the best brick-and-mortar record stores that I've visited in the U.S. in recent years -- the Princeton Record Exchange. Great selection of CDs (mostly used), and the vinyl offerings are plentiful as well.

Hot Ptah likes this.
  8. spridle

spridle Forum Resident

Angry Mom in Ithaca NY is a really worthwhile visit in a neat little town.

spoofer and Hot Ptah like this.
  9. ARK

ARK Forum Miscreant

All of the Bull Moose locations are in Maine and New Hampshire. I'm waiting for them to come down to Massachusetts!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.