Great CD's you used to listen to a lot that you couldn't care less about now

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by SteveSDCA, May 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SteveSDCA

SteveSDCA Senior Member Thread Starter

Dark Side of the Moon

The Wall

Changes One Bowie

Simon and Garfunkel Greatest Hits

The Yes Album

2. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

None, really! :eek:

Unless you compare the same CDs but different mastering! :)

3. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

I agree about DSOTM... it's one of the few that I've pretty much worn out.

I also took a LONG sabbatical from listening to Rush. Must have played every album from 2112 through Power Windows hundreds of times each in the 80s.

However, mst other material I can listen to over and over, so long as it *sounds* great. If it sounds "just ok" and I've played the material a lot already, I'm likely to "tune out" and daydream about something else instead of critically listening.

HZ

4. trhunnicutt

trhunnicutt Member

All of them. CD's suck, remember?

Really, I'm just kidding :)

I'd agree with you on Changes One and the Yes Album. Maybe even Who's Next (I know that's sacrilege).

I played those TO DEATH on vinyl, tape and CD in the early-mid 80's. I really don't have any desire to listen to them today, eventhough I have all the CD remasters and orginal vinyl pressings.

Are you sure we aren't brothers?

Tom H

5. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have to say I love everything in my collection. :)

6. Metralla

Metralla Joined Jan 13, 2002

Michael, Gary,

Come on guys. You have no weak spots, no CDs bought for one particular song that you tired of, no CDs of a particular genre that you don't care for now.

How many discs are we talking about?

Regards,
    Metralla

7. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Well, there are a lot of 80s albums that I thought were the bomb when they were released. Now, I look back and wonder what I saw in them. Titles? I'll have to think of which ones because i don't usually make it a point to remember the bad ones.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Well..Right now I could go out and purchase another 500+ CDs in addition to my collection and ya know what? I'm really not tired of anything I own. Be it as it may, that's the truth! If I liked it then I like it now. Every CD, song, has a memory.

9. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

The Doors and Led Zep are two bands that I have had to get a break from repeated listenings. Also kind of burn-out from U2 at this point.

Its great to have a large cd collection, just too many artists to choose from anyway.

JohnG:p

10. mcow1

mcow1 Sommelier Gort

U2 - Rattle and Hum
    I even change radio stations when U2 comes on anymore

11. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Rattle and Hum hasn't reached saturation point with me - but The Joshua Tree has..

Led Zepplin IV causes me to change the station (as does the aforementioned Who's Next and DSOTM).

Just about any Bruce Springsteen before Tunnel of Love has had far too much attention in the NY metro area.

12. Pope V

Pope V Lurker

I don't have any albums that i've totally lost interest in - but i don't care if i ever hear "whole lotta love" or "tom sawyer" again.

13. jason r. baur

jason r. baur Banned

Guys, you've all missed the obvious here: Michael and Gary are right. The title calls for "great CD's." Well, if they really were great, you would still care about them today!

Personally, I don't let radio overkill influence my opinion in the least. I still love my Zeppelins, my Whos, my Beatles, etc. etc. But in the case of U2, I found them pretentious and overrated 15 years ago, and I still do today--though it does seem Bono is loosening up lately and having a better time.

Anyway, great is great FOREVER. Just my opinion!

14. Mark H

Mark H Senior Member

I don't really get sick of the albums per say, but there are some songs that are just burned out to death by the AOR format. Hotel California, Won't Get Fooled Again and Whole Lotta Love. spring to mind.

15. Dugan

Dugan Senior Member

Not to mention Stairway to Heaven, Carry on my Wayward Son, & FREEBIRD! :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.