Great George Harrison interview from Creem

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Matt, Mar 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Matt

Matt New Member Thread Starter

2. John B

John B Once Blue Gort,<br>now just blue.

Matt,

Thanks for posting this great interview. George is at his candid best. Here's some Elvis food for thought:

"I wanted to say to him, "Why don’t you just come out in your jeans and your black shirt–get rid of all them horrible women singers in your band, all them horrible trumpet players and just have James Burton and the drummer and the bass player and the piano player? Just come out and do ‘That’s All Right, Mama.’" But instead he came out and did (sings) "I did it myyy wayyyy." Oh, Jesus. But we all loved Elvis and it was sad to see what happened to him. We still love him and he’s still there in his spirit and in his music and best of luck to him, that’s what I say."

Great stuff Geprge! :thumbsup:

3. Uncle Al

Uncle Al Senior Member

Thanks for the link - interesting read.

On a sidenote - I always did like Creem magazine. Serious and irreverent at the same time. By the mid 70's they were doing rock n' roll "journalism" better than Rolling Stone. I loved that picture they published of Grace Slick flashing her breasts for a Boy Howdy advert.

If you don't know what Boy Howdy was - all I can say is: you should have been there!

4. John Carsell

John Carsell Forum Resident

Thanks Matt.

Good interview.

5. Wie Gehts?

Wie Gehts? New Member

Creem is back and online: http://www.creemmedia.com/

Attached Files:

6. czeskleba

czeskleba Senior Member

I love his comment about Dick Clark:
    "Rock and roll has done a lot more for Dick Clark than Dick Clark has done for rock and roll."

7. Andrew

Andrew Chairman of the Bored

My favorite read back in the day. Bought it for the Kiss articles and got intrigued by other reviews (probably how I ended up buying my first Ramones and Stooges albums).

8. MMM

MMM Forum Hall Of Fame

Great interview - thanks for posting this Matt. I was pretty surprised to see George call Dick Clark a twat.

9. Mike Dow

Mike Dow I kind of like the music

Great interview--thanks for posting this Matt! George could always make me laugh out loud....

"So what kind of readers does CREEM have?" asked George Harrison. "It’s not just Ginger Baker, Jack Bruce and Eric Clapton, is it?" We hope not, but one never really knows

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.