Greatest David Bowie live performance?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LadyGrinningSoul, Jan 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MadamAdam

MadamAdam Forum Resident

Well, he was 57 and had health issues (and recently put on cholesterol medicine, for instance).

2. JL6161

JL6161 Forum Resident

Probably not the greatest, but one of the most entertaining and life-affirming:

God I wish daytime TV were still like this.

oldturkey likes this.
  3. Harold R

Harold R Forum Resident

I have a boot that's a collection of Bowie's live acoustic performances that's pretty great.

4. stepeanut

stepeanut The gloves are off

I met him before the show, in a one-on-one situation. He signed my CD of Reality, and we talked for a couple of minutes, but he wasn't his usual happy, joking self; he looked like a man with the weight of the world on his shoulders. In the past, I've seen him busy, and I've seen him pissed-off about something or other, but this was neither of those things.

5. PlushFieldHarpy

PlushFieldHarpy Forum Resident

Just came across this. My favorite song from Earthling. David doing his best Pixies and doing it well.

6. search&destroy

search&destroy Well-Known Member

at the santa monica civic in '72......the best show i ever saw ...ever!!

HoundsOBurkittsville likes this.
  7. DaveTheRave

DaveTheRave Forum Resident

"I'm Afraid of Americans" from Howard Stern's birthday party in 1998:

8. footprintsinthesand

footprintsinthesand Reasons to be cheerful part 1

Great live duet with Annie, later featured Gail Ann Dorsey on numerous tours doing Freddie's part plus bass.
    It's impossible to mention a favourite live performance; however there's this truly lovely duet of Absolute Beginners shoulder-to-shoulder with Gail Ann lovely Dorsey on the 2002 Queens gig (sound gets much better later on). Great YT source to dig into, btw. Go here for the duet directly.

JLGB and davers like this.
  9. JLGB

JLGB Senior Member

I also love the "Under Pressure" duet with Gail Ann Dorsey found on the 2004 DVD "Bowie: A Reality Tour".

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

I'll always kick myself for not going to all the 2002 "NYC Marathon" shows. I could've gotten tickets, but my parents were out of town so I didn't have dog care.

Back then I wouldn't let anyone other than my parents care for my dogs when I traveled, so if they couldn't do it, I didn't go. I also never took the dogs on the road with me.

Since they moved in 2004, I obviously had to change that! The dogs go on the road with me all the time now, and I hire someone to watch them if I can't get a friend.

Not sure why I was so overprotective, but the loss of my parents as local dog care changed my original position quickly! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.