Greg Khin Band

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by The_Rover, Jan 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Rover

The_Rover Senior Member Thread Starter

Does any one know if this very Underated Band is on CD?
    All the Khin...ect albums?

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

I know Rhino had "Khinsolidated: The Best Of The Greg Khin Band" which compiled all of the major Berksley hits, and there's Imports of "Kihnspiracy" on the Wooded Hill label, which I believe is UK only.

The Rhino compilation is well done.

3. The_Rover

4. Jimbo

Jimbo Forum Hall Of Fame

The German label Line Records reissued several Greg Kihn albums on CD. Might have been his entire Beserkley catalog. I picked up 3 or 4 different titles. They're all OOP now.:(

5. The_Rover

Anyone

Rockhinroll, khintinued,khinspiracy

Were these on The Fantasy Label (CCR)

6. Holy Zoo

Holy Zoo Gort (Retired) :-)

Aside: Greg Khin is a very popular DJ now in the San Francisco bay area. He has a morning show here where he interviews lots of classic rock icons, tells jokes, and relays lots of trivia from his "on the road" days.

He's also an author, I think he writes horror/mysteries. He plays shows around the bay area a few times a year, though I've never seen one.

Last, his youthful high voice is pretty gone, and he now has a nice gravely low "announcers" voice. When he occasionally sings on the air, it tends to be a bluesy thing, and he sings low. Sounds good though. Just doesn't work if he tries to sing high.

HZ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.