Grooveshark problem under Firefox

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by head_unit, Jun 20, 2011.

1. head_unit

head_unit Well-Known Member

Running on a G5 iMac OS 10.5.8, 2GB RAM. GS runs under Safari, but pushes the CPU hot and stutters a lot.

So I want to try Firefox, but get
    "We had a problem loading Flash. You may have a Flash blocker installed. If so, please disable the blocker (or add an exception) and reload to start listening."

In Preferences, JavaScript is enabled. I do have NoScript, but it is set to accept everything on that page. I even watched as it tried to load, and didn't see anything transient.

?????

:help:
  2. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

Have you tried disabling the NoScript addon and AdBlock if you have it?
  3. head_unit

head_unit Well-Known Member

Mmmm, I guess I could try that as a test measure, and if I run just Grooveshark and browse in Safari.

With that data, I could always as GS directly about it...

...and test Jango as well, which outputs no audio although it indicates "Playing"
  4. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

Try claring chache also maybe that works, if not you could see if it plays music using firefox in safe mode and if it does a reinstall could do the trick.
  5. Black Elk

Black Elk Music Lover

Is your Flash version in Firefox up-to-date? Sometimes a re-boot is needed to ensure everything is installed properly.

I just tried Grooveshark on a 64-bit W7 computer (8 GB RAM) in Firefox 5.0 with NoScript and AdBlockPlus. I simply needed to allow grooveshark.com and gs-cdn.net in NoScript and I could hear the radio channels. Total Firefox CPU usage was about 5%.

Can you check the % CPU usage for each process? Is something else throttling your system?
  6. alfeizar

alfeizar Active Member

My CPU is also not under stress when I listen to the radio on GS.

It seems that grooveshark under Chrome had his CPU throttling, I bet that since he cant use the site on Firefox the CPU doesnt there.

I've searched in google and others had this problem but no clear fix for it