GrooveTracer Platters

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Wasatch, Sep 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

Eh, what do you know... ;)

Long Live Analog likes this.
  2. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Spinning U.K.? An excellent choice :righton:

3. Wasatch

Wasatch Music Lover! Thread Starter

Yup, excellent album. Holdsworth is the man.:righton:

4. brockgaw

brockgaw Forum Resident

I have the GrooveTracer subplatter and Iron Audio platter on my P25. I also have the TT weights bubble-weight. Like them much better than the glass and the Pete Riggle VTA makes cartridge changes a snap.

5. Wasatch

Really loving this platter.

6. hal jones

hal jones Forum Resident

Waiting on the Delrin and the counterweight. Should be here sometime next week. :righton: Also upgrading the cart to a Dynavector XX2.:pineapple:

7. Wasatch

Awesome. You will love the platter. Excellent choice in cart.:righton:

8. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

I just pulled the trigger on the white Delrin platter and the 130 gm counterweight. I've had the subplatter for several years. I first installed iton a Rega P2 and recently transferred it to my P5. It made a significant difference. Frank makes some great products.

9. Tommyboy

Tommyboy Senior Member

What are the benefits of the dual belt pulley? I was considering of adding one to my P5, but I'm not sure if it would be a worthwhile upgrade.

Any opinions? Thanks

10. ElizabethH

ElizabethH Forum Resident

I have a Benz Glider on my P5. I added TWO standard Rega spacers $$$ to accomodate the cart properly. The arm just fits under the cover with them on.
    Of all the bits I want the counterweight the most. Then a subplatter.
    I LIKE the glass platter and felt mat (I never have any problem with static)
    As I like being able to easily lift the LP off while the platter is running.
    For slightly dished LPs which tend to not couple to the mat/glass on one side, i add the counterweight from my Kuzma

11. watercourse

watercourse New Member

I agree with this 100%. Bass is especially noticeably more linear than with the felt/glass combo, although at first, it seemed that I lost some gain with the delrin platter. I was wrong, it has better damping properties than the stock or acrylic, IME.

Never use a mat with it, but I do use the Herbie's Supersonic record stabilizer, which works very well with the GT platter. Seems to "ground" the sound a bit more without any drawbacks.

Had the GT acrylic platter for about a year before getting the white delrin platter, and I have been completely satisfied with this, yes, even when listening to rock and other rhythm-heavy music. Listening to Prince last night, I was blown away at how good it sounded and cranked er up!

Wilson

12. scotpagel

scotpagel Forum Resident

I have the deluxe sub platter and the delrin white platter on my P5 sounds better with less static with no wool mat plus the subplatter is so much quieter so I am hearing more detail with the background rumble from the old plastic platter. I think for the money you can't go wrong. Get the subplatter if anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.