Grrrrr: The Black Metal ~ Death Metal Thread*

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Dreadnought, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn. Thread Starter

That Golgothan Remains album has latched onto me. Earlier I posted the second song. This is the album opener.

lenny nero likes this.
  2. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

3. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

I wonder if they take bookings for office parties?

Portal is pretty much the end of the line in extreme music.

5. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

What... what kind of riff even IS that?...

[​IMG]

lenny nero likes this.
  6. Dreadnought

This would have been even more extreme. :)

[​IMG]

100423, stay crunchy and lenny nero like this.
  7. Dreadnought

Taking a quick look around, clicking on links resulting in my thinking "dull. Yawn. Heard it a thousand times. Sigh. Heard it before. Hey! that's kinda good" Sweet guitar near 4:16 onward.

June 15, 2018

REMASTERANTER and lenny nero like this.
  8. lenny nero

lenny nero down by the ruined bridge

New Barren Altar

[​IMG]

Dreadnought likes this.
  9. PyroMessiah

PyroMessiah Forum Resident

Gruesome rules. That is all.

10. Josta Voke

Josta Voke we do beg your pardon but we are in your garden

That new Anicon, at least the first half, was really enjoyable. Not sure if it was my flagging attention span or their meandering into more atmospheric type music later in the album, but those first four tracks were monstrous. The fourth one, "Names Written in Tar," started out like a lost Borknagar track from The Olden Domain days. Exquisite. I really like this type of blended black and death metal where it doesn't just sound like Belphegor or Behemoth or what have you. It sounds really alive and organic and purposeful.

They're listed on metal-archives as "black metal" only but there's definitely some other stuff lurking in their music. Some of the arrangements even remind me of latter day Gorguts, like Colored Sands. Not necessarily the riffing but the way the drums sort of lurch around underneath the jagged guitar playing then join up to explode into regular mini-crescendos. Whatever they're doing, it's working.

And the very audible bass is a nice touch. Here's to more of that sort of thing.

Dreadnought likes this.
  11. Josta Voke

Josta Voke we do beg your pardon but we are in your garden

Can't say I've ever been much of an ImpNaz fan but someone linked this bonkers '91 performance of theirs in what appears to be a post-apocalyptic high school gym and it's one of the coolest clips I've ever seen. Just pure metal essence.

nosliw, stay crunchy and Dreadnought like this.
  12. Dreadnought

I guess I'm going in. I noticed yesterday when I moved on from my Anicon post, and listen, I felt instant relief. It has to be the distressed emotions of that album. As for "some other stuff lurking in their music" you're a better musician than I. I'm not one at all. I am aware of my fuzzy, limited, signal-to noise ratio reactions to music.

Funeral Mist's Hekatomb. My opinion hasn't changed that Rostén/ Arioch/ Mortuus is a 5 star vocalist in at best 3 star bands. That includes if Rostén is essentially the band. Metamorphosis at 21:28 is a prime example of the 5 star/3 star. Individual songs have not yet been broken up on youtube so the whole album link. My fav track from the album is Shedding Skin at 09:13. If I had the means I'd send him on a vacation to Iceland or goat roofed Faroe Isles to meet those various leading edge musicians and hopefully assimilate.

lenny nero and stay crunchy like this.
  13. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

Can I hear Slap'n' Pop on a death metal rekkerd?! (or at least the pop part)

14. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

15. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

16. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

17. Dreadnought

I'm too busy swatting at bees to articulate precisely why I like this swarm of fuzz and buzz.

lenny nero likes this.
  18. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

lenny nero and Dreadnought like this.
  19. Dreadnought

I only made it 2/3rds through their new album but I must say it didn't have that individual angst, personal demons that Peripeteia had and which was what made it special. The new one seemed like plain ordinary BM. I guess I'm obligated to verify if my one take was correct.

lenny nero likes this.
  20. Dreadnought

Checking out, quite randomly, this split and only a first blush but I like it. 'Old School' but unmistakably current.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
    lenny nero likes this.
  21. Dreadnought

I accidentally discovered the frequencies wherewith sonic fingers' music passes through the skull to massage the brain directly. The start of this song at sufficient decibels. :drool:

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 18, 2018
  22. REMASTERANTER

REMASTERANTER Ahhhhhh...

Crikey... ^ :eek:

23. Svetonio

Svetonio Forum Resident

Tvoj je hram u srcu mom, by Endarken

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 19, 2018
  24. 100423

100423 Traversing The Dream

25. Dreadnought

I've returned to the Grá album that came out April 27. Without flipping back through the pages here I think I posted a single pre-release song. I like the not usual songs such as The Devil's Tribe at 29:44.

In completely unrelated news a stunning, statuesque, Japanese or Korean super-model sashayed past Mrs Dreadnought and I at the grocery store, I blurted out "Yokohama Momma" and received an elbow for being too loud. :tiphat:

lenny nero likes this.