Grundig Console Info. / Schematic Needed

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by 389 Tripower, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 389 Tripower

389 Tripower Just a little south of Moline Thread Starter

For the last 18 years or so I’ve used this tube console on & off thru the years. I got it back in 1996 at a second hand store while temporarily living up in Saskatchewan, training for my current job. It is a Canadian assembled unit, and is 100% functional (minus a record changer, and 1 dial lamp bulb). Its cool feature is FM Stereo Multiplex.

Now - I finally have a Dual Changer (1008A) on its way. While I wait, I figured I would clean it up, and get a schematic to help with any technical issues that might arise. The problem is I can’t find any info on this unit. It does not have the typical “SO” model number, like most similar units have. It does have numbers on the chassis and back of the cabinet. Pics attached.

The “radio-museum” web page had a lot of Grundig units, but nothing matching mine. Any advice appreciated. Thanks!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Brother_Rael likes this.
  2. Abbagold

Abbagold Working class hero

Have you opened it up? A lot of times there will be an envelope inside of the consoles with the schematics.

3. 389 Tripower

I've had the back panel/s off. Replaced one of the FM receiver tubes many years ago, but never pulled the chassis out. I do plan on pulling it out soon to do some de-oxit work on the switches and bulb replacement. Never saw any envelopes.

4. 389 Tripower

It Plays Records Now!!!

….with a vintage Dual 1009 changer. Originally, I was going to try a 1008A, but it did not fit the cut-out. After some more research, It seems the original template was for a 1009 or more similar, so I went that route. It cleaned up very nicely – built like a tank. No hum or rumble heard – very quiet background. I am really liking this changer - A nice step up from my Garrard AT-6.

I adapted a Magnetic cartridge (Stanton 400.v3, for now) via small separate solid state pre-amp phono stage I had from years ago that I never really used. It’s hidden under the turntable in the cabinet, tapped off of the line voltage.

The 1009 works perfect after oiling the motor bearings, cleaning and re-lubing the auto-mechanisms, and de-glazing the idler wheel. I'm running at 4G tracking force, spec for the Stanton is 3-7. It tracks LP's & 45's very nicely, even on inner grooves. I was surprised since it has no anti-skate. This 1009 sounds better than I expected, Great bass and high end.
    [​IMG]

Tullman likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.