DCC Archive GS delights!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Vivaldinization, Dec 23, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

http://home.uchicago.edu/~handmade/sanfran.zip

Yes, folks...above the Swing West's "Fire," above the mangled take on "Long Tall Sally," it is the ABOVE take on "San Francisco" by the Wonders that gets shoved on my site for all to hear.

What's so bizarre about it? Not much. It's just the whole general atmosphere...it's done so SERIOUSLY. This group, by the way, is an oddity insofar as GS groups are concerned, in that almost ALL of their material is covers, and *all* of it sounds this slick, and this serious. They're also an oddity in that their lead singer gets the American tonality down, but still has a thick thick thick Japanese accent. This somehow makes things more bizarre (their take on I Dig Rock 'n Roll Music is also pretty odd)

And no, this isn't what I spend ridiculous amounts of money on these comps for, but oddities like this are what keep 'em consistently entertaining (don't let me get started on the Van-Dogs' take of I'm a Believer...)

-D

2. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest

Ahhh, the joys of an obsession! Always on the lookout, patiently waiting for someone to dig out the masters and not settle for some crappy "hey, here's my record collection on a digital drink coaster"; I'm the same with rockabilly (God bless Bear Fambly and those wacky folks at Ace UK), as well as 60's garage/punk goofballs (hold the psychedelia, please!!!). Keep up the hunt and Merry Xmas! :D

3. Vivaldinization

Vivaldinization Active Member Thread Starter

Actually, Ace UK got me into this with their GS comps.

Thing is, apart from their stuff, everything is either wildly unavailible, wildly expensive, or wildly hard to understand. Check out Soybomb.com's garage database, and go into the G section...everything there that ISN'T on Teichiku is OOP and impossible to find, and those're the ones I'm trying to track down..^_^

-D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.