Guns n' Roses Appetite For Destruction 30th Anniversary Remastered

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by LonesomeDayBlues, May 1, 2018.

1. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

So does the German edition of the vinyl come with a download for all SDE tracks? If this is true I guess Discogs or Amazon Germany are the best vendors.

2. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

That’s what I’m gathering from the thread.

I bought in local store. Just the album proper for download.

3. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

Thanks, hmmm, have to decide if that's worth it. I love the album and generally really like extras and unreleased stuff (such as the Soundgarden Superunknown Deluxe) but really wonder how much I'll listen to it. I own the reissue vinyl from around 4 years ago and also an original EU version.

Szeppelin75 and Clanceman like this.
  4. Jam757

Jam757 Forum Resident

I'm curious if anyone bought this on Amazon and got the full Super Deluxe edition auto rip with it? I ask because this has been the case with a few of my past Amazon purchases.

5. Clanceman

Clanceman Forum Resident

I like the sound of this new vinyl remaster. I like what they did here. The barometer for me...always midrange clarity. It’s slightly improved. Duff bass - a bit more defined to my ears.

But man, those 2 you’ve got are great.

6. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Stand alone Blu-Ray won't happen, I guess?

7. artfromtex

artfromtex Honky Tonkin' Metal-Head

FYI, a lot of the really high quality Ritz videos on YouTube are being taken down. Make of that what you will.

I don't know how much you dig GN'R, but I have gotten a ton of mileage out of my set. Axl's voice is honestly mesmerizing. PLus, after hearing these songs a million times, these alternate recordings make them fresh again.

For the record, I bought the HD Tracks version. I think the physical set is ridiculously overpriced. The embossing is poorly done, and the book is underwhelming. (My friend bought the Super Deluxe). I am sure the Blu Ray is awesome, but not $100 worth of awesome.

superstar19, RPOZ51 and theshape like this.
  8. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Just listened to some of the demos. Did they have this much reverb on the vocals on the bootlegs? Wow, that's annoying. Kinda kills it for me.

9. Leigh Burne

Leigh Burne Forum Resident

That was my reasoning as well. I can get all of the music (which what I'm really interested in anyway) for £26. The only other thing in the set I'd like is the Blu-ray, and that sure as hell ain't worth an extra £114.

10. thexfile

thexfile Forum Resident

11. formu_la

formu_la I'm not a robot

Steve Martin likes this.
  12. uncle

uncle Senior Member

Yeah, I thought the big draw for the Blu-Ray is the new 5.1 mix. I don't think you can download that.

13. PJayBe

PJayBe Forum Resident

Oh I wish!!!!

14. RealOG

RealOG Active Member

I think original and remastered sounds the same in Spotify. Can someone check it?

15. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Got a chance to compare the remaster to the MFSL. The MFSL was the clear winner for me. Remaster was too in-your-face. Not bad, but the MFSL was better in every way for me.

Now the Lies acoustic tracks I thought sounded pretty bad on the new one. Very, very bright. Piercing. The MFSL easily won. But what was more surprising was when I compared the MFSL to the standard CD. Someone posted on here saying their original CD sounded like it had no bass. For the acoustic tracks, I agree. MFSL sounded just fine but the standard CD sounded like all the bass was rolled off on the acoustic tracks. I don't recall noticing this before, but it was very clear to me last night.

16. Edmoney

Edmoney Forum Resident

What are your thoughts on the MFSL compared to the original Diament mastered CD?

17. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Didn't get a chance to compare those, but plan on doing so soon. My memory is that I preferred the MFSL over the Diament for having a better tone with more bass. I recall finding the Diament to be lean (but still quite good - not like the Lies acoustic tracks). The new remaster was not lean in comparison to the MFSL, so I won't be surprised if I like the new one better for at least that. The question will be if the trade-off is worth it. Loudly mastered music really bugs me. There's a blaring, jumbled, blurred sound to it and I was hearing that when comparing to the MFSL.

Edmoney likes this.
  18. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

Btw, one other thing. The Lies "live" tracks on the new remaster have the channels flipped compared to the Geffen and MFSL CDs. Not sure if that's been mentioned yet.

19. Gavman

Gavman Forum Resident

I always wished that would happen should they ever reissue (as they have), making the Slash(right)/Izzy(left) sound as heard on Appetite and the 1988 Lies tracks.

artfromtex likes this.
  20. LitHum05

LitHum05 El Disco es Cultura

Going for a cool grand on Amazon. Okay, not really. Only $999.99 or something. But it does include the cleaning products and seven inch adaptor (?!)

Bonddm likes this.
  21. rnranimal

rnranimal Senior Member

I wonder if that's why they did it. Or if it was just a happy error.

22. LitHum05

Awesome song, gotta admit.

23. LitHum05

Don’t forget the hanky or whatever (to clean the rings with, I think).

Dorian75 likes this.
  24. LitHum05

Anyone have a pic of the record mat? Just curious. :whistle:

Matthew Tate likes this.
  25. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I agree the MFSL CD is great! and It'll probably be brick walled!