Had the Beatles continued after '69, what would have been their niche?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Ephi82, Dec 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beatleroadie

beatleroadie Forum Resident

Most likely they'd have had Phil Spector as producer on a late 1970 or 1971 album. George and John were just so high on Spector at the time. Paul probably would have consulted with Spector on string arrangements he might want, but otherwise Paul would have probably be the de facto producer of his own songs on the album in this scenario, with Spector working much more closely with the other three. You'd have Clapton playing guitar on one or two of George's songs (so he didn't have to teach the parts to John), and Billy Preston in the mix somewhere as well.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  2. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

The continuation of Get Back: Get Settled Down^^

3. John Rhett Thomas

John Rhett Thomas Forum Resident

I'm late to the party on this thread but my answer to the question would be the Beatles would go on occupying the niche of being the biggest band in the world.

andrewskyDE likes this.
  4. andrewskyDE

andrewskyDE Island Owner

Maybe a tour in 1971 and a movie ('A Hard Day's Night 2') one year later would had been interesting, too.

5. cwitt1980

cwitt1980 Senior Member

I figure they probably would have sounded like America until they did the music for a James Bond film. Too bad most people remember them mainly for their disco phase.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.