Hanna tv show on Amazon

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by tommy-thewho, Apr 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm about 1/2 thru Season 1 of Hanna.

So far so good. Hanna reminds me of X-23 in the Logan movie.

2. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

I finished it last night and enjoyed it very much. I saw the movie years ago but remembered very little about it. I watched the trailer for the movie after watching the last episode and saw quite a bit of the movie had been used for the show. It was nice to see Joel Kinnaman and Mireille Enos from The Killing back again, albeit on opposite sides of the hero/villain divide. Enos is a wonderful villain. She's not your prototypical villain. She has an interesting and heart-wrenching backstory that makes her a sympathetic antagonist. Esme Creed-Miles is a treat as the titular character.

Scope J likes this.
  3. jon9091

jon9091 Master Of Reality

Watching it now. We are through 3 episodes and really like it.

Scope J likes this.
  4. eddiel

eddiel Senior Member

I'm two eps away from finished the first season. Started out really great but I thought it started to drag a bit,
    the part where she went to England and I had to endure watching the predictable teenage issues play out :)
    , but it looks like we're back on track for excitement.

Also
    now that there appears to be more kids like Hanna, I don't find it as interesting. That disappointed me really. I think the better story would be if she's the only one, but I'm in for the ride still

I loved the movie. I'll have to watch it again.

5. DigMyGroove

DigMyGroove Forum Resident

Excellent series, I’m surprised at how few participants there are on this thread, check out the show folks!

As in The Killing, the chemistry between Joel Kinnaman and Mirielle Enos is superb, great fun to watch now that they are on opposite sides. Rene Creed-Miles is a worthy successor to the film’s Saoirse Ronan, she’s definitely got a fine career in front of her.

I’m a big fan of the film which also starred Eric Bana and Cate Blanchett and recommend it as well. Amazon has it available along with the series, a wealth of Hanna for all.

Encuentro likes this.
  6. Encuentro

Encuentro Forum Resident

It’s been renewed for a second season, so there’s more Hannah fun to come!

Scope J, mdm08033 and DigMyGroove like this.
  7. I found it boring and predictable.

8. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I enjoyed the movie and the Amazon re-boot. Not high concept, but entertaining.

9. Canadacrowe

Canadacrowe Forum Resident

I enjoyed it. One episode that maybe lagged a bit, but worth it if only for the scenes with Kinnaman and Enos if you were a fan of The Killing. I like the promise of a second season, an interesting story setting up.

10. Dillydipper

Dillydipper Space-Age luddite

Obviously there's a lot of other elements going on in the series, wheras I felt the movie was just right giving a viewer just enough backstory and character development along the way to keep you motivated. I'm looking forward to going beyond the pilot episode, but just wondering how you feel the opening-out of the series compares with the tempo and the velocity of the original? Is it worth the extra breadth, story-wise?

(Actually I'm wondering this about a lot of properties these days, which get turned into mini-series, series, or more. For instance, if I'm getting all I need to know about Superman's origin by reading Superman's debut comic, then what more do I learn about Superman by watching the Krypton tv series? The answer seems obvious, but I'm serious.)

11. James1972

James1972 Well-Known Member

I thought it was decent, but not a great show.

12. Solaris

Solaris a bullet in flight

I bailed after two episodes. Everything that was interesting and mysterious from the film was gone, replaced by teen angst.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.