Happy with Your Audio System?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike from NYC, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member Thread Starter

How happy are you?

PS, I just had to continue the Beatles mania.

RickH likes this.
  2. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I'm satisfied with both systems, is there room for improvement, of course.

3. macster

macster Forum Resident

I love mine.

M~

4. phil1db

phil1db Senior Member

strange..... I was just thinking last night..this is bloody wonderful :thumbsup:...as I sat listening to both vinyl and cd..
    of course having a detached place helps... no worries in the back of my mind about upsetting the neighbours :goodie:

5. darkmatter

darkmatter Gort Astronomer Staff

My systems? Yes overall but there is room for improvement, new CDP soon :)

6. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member Thread Starter

I'm so happy I can dance. While I'm sure improvements can be made I'm still very very happy with the results of the the money I spent and the choices I made. I spent about $6K. Much of the advice I received here as well as what I read about in audio magazines and reviews led to my purchases. I'm also very sure my room plays a big part of the sound and I have Barry to thank for that.

I have heard far more expensive systems in audio stores and at shows, but, rarely did they ever make my system sound shabby or wanting.

7. roberts67

roberts67 Forum Resident

Hello!

I know my 4 systems set up sound good. Unfortunately having been to CES and RMAF, I know what is possible(even in a lousy listening environment). Peace. Robert

8. jlc76

jlc76 Forum Resident

Mine is a poor man's version of what I really want:

Have : Want
    Heresey II : Klipschorns
    McIntosh MC250 : MC275
    McIntosh C28 : C22
    McIntosh MR78...well I am totally happy with this piece
    Technics SL1210 : VPI Super Scoutmaster
    Shure V15III : whatever highend cart sounds good (Benz or Sumiko)
    Oppo 980H : McIntosh MVP871 (for DVD and DVD-A)
    Sony 9100ES : McIntosh MCD500 (for SACD and CD)

For the cost of a mid-level car I would be in audio nirvana for rest of my life, I don't know why my wife can't see this. Maybe I should buy a bicycle and use that so I can sell my car to help finance this?

9. JayB

JayB Senior Member

Very happy with my Naim system..

10. tootull

tootull Looking through a glass onion

Cheap day return

Since I worship classic Infinity speakers, the surprise for me is the Primus 360, one of the best sounding Infinity speakers that I've listened to in years.
    I'm over the moon with the Infinity Primus 360 because they bridge the gap between home theatre and music.
    http://stereophile.com/floorloudspeakers/605infinity/
    :D ("over the moon" should be an option)
    Sign me Cheap day return

11. Ed Hughes

Ed Hughes Senior Member

There's always room for improvement.But I'm generally happy with it.

12. Tony Plachy

Tony Plachy Senior Member

Look at my profile, of course I am happy with my system. :righton:

13. pick-me-up

pick-me-up Straight shooter from S/FI

It’s not optimal and some parts could be better, but I’m quite happy with it any how.

BTW. Tony, with the bucks you are rollin’ with, I’d get Kronos … :D

14. roboss38

roboss38 Forum Resident

I'm happy with it. I might tweak it a little with some tube rolling, but that's about it.

15. phil1db

phil1db Senior Member

whoa..good size room...

16. bobrex

bobrex Active Member

For the most part, I'm happy. There are a few issues to resolve:

1) New Turntable - I'm thinking a Galibier with a Phantom, or at least I'm dreaming of them:)

2) New cartridge - my VDH Frog is getting to be retirement age. Time for something new.

3) New amp - I've been using my Monndog SETs for almost 9 years. Maybe it's time to see what MORE POWER brings to the table. I'm thinking the small Atmasphere, maybe the Almarro 318B... Nothing too big - it just needs to run the midrange and tweeter panels (93dB sensitivity)

At this point, nothing happens until I find a new job - layoffs suck :sigh:

17. Jerry

Jerry Grateful Gort Staff

Yes. Yes I am.

Since getting a new tube integrated amp recently, I'm VERY satisfied. That doesn't mean I don't lust after new turntables!

SandAndGlass likes this.
  18. Turnaround

Turnaround Senior Member

Mike, In 2009, "I'm Down" means "I'm cool with that". So your four options are all positive. :confused:

19. rocky dennis

rocky dennis Forum Resident

Mostly happy with my system although I see a new turntable and cart in the not too distant future.

20. BigManAndy

BigManAndy Active Member

"It's getting better"

I'm totally satisfied with my TT, speakers, preamp. But the receiver I use for a amp I would like to replace with separates or a integrated amp.

For how bottom of the line my receiver is, this system still rocks the house, but I know there is room for improvement. After that I should be set for a long time.

Also need to find a CDP somewhere along the line too, but that's not totally needed currently.

21. wgriel

wgriel Forum Resident

Heh, I remember the first time I heard someone use that phrase with that meaning. I was totally baffled!

22. wgriel

wgriel Forum Resident

I voted "I feel fine" rather than "I'm So Happy I Can Just Dance With You" because I do eventually plan one more bit of improvement to my 2 channel setup. I'm completely thrilled with my speakers, turntable, CD player, and amplification, but I do want to upgrade my Rotel receiver for a better quality preamp.

But I'm so close that I think I'll dance anyway!

23. proufo

proufo Forum Resident

My current system lets me enjoy music without any significant annoyance. I like it as it is but of course it could be better.

The construction of an excellent music listening room is a separate project/achievement, not totally related to music enjoyment.

24. tommy-thewho

tommy-thewho Senior Member

Plenty of room for improvement...

25. Mike in OR

Mike in OR Through Middle-earth...onto Heart of The Sunrise

I am very happy with the synergy I have currently. The main reason there has not been any recent upgrades or changes to the system.

If I had to complain about anything, that would be the cost of re-tubing and rebuilding of the cartridge. But overall, everything is just peachy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.