Happy with Your Audio System?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Mike from NYC, Sep 10, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. I'm never satisfied. Always things to improve on, and on an average man's budget to boot.

2. nin

nin Forum Resident

I dance all night long. I'm extremely happy and I have not found any system I liked better, even at 20 times the price of mine. :)

3. TRM05

TRM05 New Member

For the money invested I'm pleased.

4. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

I feel fine. While I have the funds to upgrade my systems, and probably significantly since my gear is generally mid-fi, I am happy with what I have right now. So, I couldn't vote that I am happy enough to dance with you or anyone else or even with myself, but I feel fine.

5. JohnG

JohnG PROG now in Dolby ATMOS!

I'm done upgrading for the time being so I'm happy.

6. Edgard Varese

Edgard Varese Royale with Cheese

Nope, not at all. But I'm not in the position of being able to improve it anytime soon, either. :sigh:

7. motorcitydave

motorcitydave Enlightened Rogue In Memoriam

Your system is pretty cool. I wouldn't worry too much either. :)

8. bliss53

bliss53 Forum Resident

Come to the dark side. Prudence is over rated.

9. RaymondKoonce

RaymondKoonce New Member

Hi, I haven't seen these amps for some time. Do you still have them? If so, how do they sound?
    Regards,

Raymond Koonce

10. brooklyn

brooklyn I'm all ears

I'm not planing on changing a thing unless something goes bust..
    Well......... maybe Magnepan 1.7's if I move into a larger place..

ben_wood likes this.
  11. Brother_Rael

Brother_Rael Senior Member

Yep, very happy here.

12. Nate

Nate Forum Resident

Totally pleased

I would think that to significantly improve my system would require at least $15,000 - $20,000. Not interested in doing that - not in hand least. I only cross my fingers regarding my somewhat aged phono cartridge.

13. Eric Weinraub

Eric Weinraub Forum Resident

I was in a pretty good place but wanted to take my system to that next level. I needed a speaker that had more bass and was more rock'n'roll friendly than my Cremona monitor speakers. I have great amps ... both McIntosh (MC 275 and MC 2255). I wanted to go the mono block route with more power. I pulled the trigger this past week on a pair of used MC 1201 1200watt mono blocks and brand spanking new Sonus Faber Olympica IIIs.

14. jupiterboy

jupiterboy Forum Residue

In a good place. I have the presence area focused as I like it and everything seems to sounding good. Something must be about to go wrong.

15. RickH

RickH Connoisseur of deep album cuts

People still have stereo systems?! :D I like the OP's poll options as song titles, pretty cool idea! Not a poll option but I'll go with "Everything Works If You Let It" :righton:

Last edited: Jan 28, 2015
  16. WHitese

WHitese Senior Member

Hey Mr Koonce...I loved the amps, but they have moved on to new owners a while back (That happens to all my gear).

17. inperson

inperson Senior Member

In the basement, very happy. In my bedroom, happy but the speakers are too big for the room (15" woofers") and I know I am not getting the full potential out of them.

18. gojira

gojira Active Member

Given my remote geographic location and what I have access to-am good. But when my new house is built will have to bless it with some new gear as it will have a lot more room. Japan is a lot closer than the States and Kenrick modified JBL monitors (L26's or 4311's) would sure make a nice housewarming item.

Gang-Twanger likes this.
  19. superstar19

superstar19 Authentic By Nature

It's getting better all the time...

Last year re-energized me on making my home audio enjoyment more of a priority. All of my CDs are on hard drive with playback via PC speakers. But last year I was "donated" a friend's turntable and also a nice 70s era Kenwood receiver and bought a set of the Pioneer Andrew Jones speakers. I need to get the room properly furnished (Ikea Kallax I'm looking at you) and setup so that I can run the server music through that system. That should be done in the next few months. The soundcard/DAC in my PC is older and is cabable of 24/96 so I think that may be the area I look at later in the year. Not sure if I want to go stand-alone DAC or something like the Oppo 105d which would give me some nice options but I also don't have a huge SACD/DVD-A/BD library right now.

jupiterboy likes this.
  20. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Life's good

21. Erik Tracy

Erik Tracy Meet me at the Green Dragon for an ale

Yesterday I got a little verklempt at just how good it *all* was - the system and the music.

But, I know it could be better.:D

22. The Good Guy

The Good Guy Forum Resident

It's very good & sonically gone way beyond the so called Linn/Naim reference of yesteryear. I bought today a 2nd hand LP copy of Pink Floyd More for £5 , got it professionally cleaned at Sister Ray & it sounds the business.

23. PMC7027

PMC7027 Forum Hall Of Fame

I'm happy with my system. However, after having the same speakers and amp for 20 years I'd like to upgrade. All I need to do now is come up with about $25,000 so I can start looking.

24. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

Naim CD5 deck
    Naim Nait XS2 integrated
    Naim FlatCap XS power supply
    Russell K RED 50 monitors

Mercilessly revealing of the quality of all recordings; but also finds all the musicality and groove. I'm too lazy to even research any improvements.

Shiver likes this.
  25. Colin M

Colin M Forum Resident

Since this post I've upgraded to the Lounge LCR phono preamp and added a Cambridge CXN network streamer. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.