"Harvey" --what a nice movie!

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by guy incognito, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. guy incognito

guy incognito Senior Member Thread Starter

TCM showed it earlier this evening, and I stumbled across it while channel-surfing.

It's funny...this has never been what I'd consider a top-drawer classic, and I doubt I'd ever make a point of renting it or otherwise going out of my way to see it. But whenever I happen upon Harvey on TV, I always wind up sticking with it to the end, and afterwards I always feel a little happier for having watched it. No, it's not (IMO) a great movie. But it sure is a nice one.

Nothing wrong with a little cinematic "comfort food" once in a while, huh? :)

2. -=Rudy=-

-=Rudy=- ♪♫♪♫♫♪♪♫♪♪ Staff

I have that on a Laserdisc but haven't watched it in quite a few years. Always good for a chuckle! :)

3. MagicAlex

MagicAlex Gort Emeritus

I tried to watch it 2 times on my DVD and just couldn't "get into" it. Recently I gave it another try and now it's one of my favorites. Stewart was good in most he did....

4. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

The one with the rabbit, right? God I haven't seen that one in eons.
    Magic Alex is right though: Stewart was one of those guys that made pretty much everything he did worth watching. I used to love him on Carson doing the thing about his dog. Anyone remember that?
    Peace-
    Norm

5. Pinknik

Pinknik Senior Member

It IS a great movie. If it ain't art, sue me. :)

6. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Oh yes, A -great- movie...Side splittingly funny at times! I'd be hanging out with Elwood P. Dowd...LOVE that movie, I remember years ago, when they ran it on the local PBS station...Finally, the DVD was released and I was there waiting. That Elwood, my kinda guy;) Yes, next Tuesday would be fine:)

7. Steve D.

Steve D. Forum Resident

I also caught "Harvey" on TCM today. We could all use a "pooka" in our lives from time to time. Even if that pooka is a 6' rabbit.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Doesn't eveybody have one?:confused: ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.