DCC Archive Has anyone heard the reissue of LOVE's Ist album??

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Cousin It, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member Thread Starter

I saw it the shops a couple of days ago,it has both the stereo and mono mixes of the album and NO 14 and an alternate take of Signed D.C.Had a look inside ,the essay is excellent it's virtually an interview with long lost lead guitarist John Echols and he sets the record straight(if that's the right word to use for anything to do with LOVE),mastering is by the usual suspects and Fred Neil's 2 Elektra albums as a 2fer,haven't seen it but have seen it advertised. :D :D :D

2. Randy W

Randy W Original Member

I haven't compared it to the LP I have, but I thought the new CD sounded pretty good - not necessarily audiophile but very clean and smooth, with only a few spots where the tape sounds overloaded. I thought the the booklet was very informative.

3. TommyTunes

TommyTunes Senior Member

I have went to every local store in search of this disc. When was it released? No store even shows it as orderable.

4. Cousin It

Cousin It Senior Member Thread Starter

Ah! I figured as much,the way I found out about it was an ad in MOJO magazine(The U.K mag),showing new 2fers from Elektra's back catalogue,another release is a 2fer of the first 2 Paul Butterfield albums,Judy Collins and of great interest to me is both of Fred Neil's Elektra albums.I looked on amazon.com and they only have the original versions so I figured they were released in Europe and Asia first and lo and behold on amazon.co.uk
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/B00005O176/qid=1005107308/sr=1-31/ref=sr_sp_re/026-6323120-4178805

there it is.. note the Tom Rush and Fred Neil 2fers in the suggestions.
    Good hunting!!

5. Unknown

Unknown Guest

Interested parties:

I saw two copies of this in a semi-local store today for $16.98 each. If you have trouble finding it, I will be glad to pick up a copy and sell it to you for cost + 6% for tax + $1.50 for shipping. I could get them Saturday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.