Has anyone seen "Table 19"?

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by Mainline461, Mar 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mainline461

Mainline461 Forum Resident Thread Starter

On a whim I saw it this weekend and was pleasantly surprised, nice little story. The character development in this film is the best I've seen in a while as the story itself starts to build. In a way this movie reminded me of the Breakfast Club. Anna Kendrick was superb. Anybody else see this?

2. Gary7704

Gary7704 Chasing that sound….

Loved it. Watching it again right now.

Mainline461 likes this.
  3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

loved it as well..

Mainline461 likes this.
  4. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Sorry, I thought it was a monotonous drag that spread the characters too thin. Not a good film, IMO:

Table 19 [Blu-Ray] (2017)

bobbyhol likes this.
  5. Mainline461

That doesn't surprise me, we have totally different tastes in almost everything. When I saw you "quoted" me on my alerts, I immediately knew you were going to trash the film without even looking at your post. Enjoy.:righton:

woody likes this.
  6. Oatsdad

Criticizing a film doesn't = "trashing it". You may disagree with my opinion but it's not like I churned out criticisms with no room to back up my comments...

7. Mainline461

"Not a good film" = reject = discard = trash. We differ in our tastes, deal with it and move on.

8. Oatsdad

Kinda sounds like you're the one having trouble with a difference of opinions, chief. Someone can't refer to a movie as being "not good" without being accused of "trashing" it? :wtf:

9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I watched Table 19 mainly because of Kendrick, but I was rather underwhelmed by it. It wasn't terrible by any means, but it also didn't do anything to distinguish itself either. Pretty forgettable.

Oatsdad likes this.
  10. Oatsdad

I do love me some Anna Kendrick! :love:

Back in 2015, a female friend and I saw "Pitch Perfect 2" and I expressed my attraction to Kendrick. My friend seemed perplexed and she argued that Rebel Wilson was clearly the more appealing of the 2! :wtf:

11. Mainline461

Easy Oatsdad. I may be in the minority, but when I see a thread where someone is obviously positive about something I just don't have the desire nor the inclination to show a vastly opposite opinion, I just move on. In other words, if someone really likes something, I don't have the need to say I don't like it at all, it just seems unnecessarily contrary. The only exception is where there are two opposing camps on a thread already established. Maybe the thread title should have been "Any Fans of Table 19" … no, I don't think that would have changed a thing, you still may have had your need to express your negative opinion.

"Chief", I haven't heard that one in decades.

12. Oatsdad

Okay, boss! :)

Look, you ran a thread that asks questions. "Has Anyone Seen 'Table 19'?" is the title.

Your first post asks "anybody else seen this?"

That's not a thread that emphasizes one-sided "fans only" posts.

I thought you wanted an actual discussion of the movie and I gave my opinion...

13. Mainline461

Yes, you did.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.