Has Classic Rock Music become the soundtrack for TV Commercials?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by texquad, Aug 13, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JoeF.

JoeF. Forum Resident

I hate commercials for both ambulance-chasing law firms (you may be entitled....) and Big Pharma for drugs to treat every symptom--where the people walk-or float-around like zombies, smile plastered upon their faces. I realize the need for both, but the commercials are just over the top.
    And just wait until they start licensing songs. You know it's coming.

2. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

I was totally floored when this song (this very version as there were a few) was used in a french commercial (maybe in other countries too?) sometime in the 2000s.
    All of a sudden and thanks to the internet, everybody knew and seemed to enjoy this TOTALLY obscure song. I mean, how many copies of "Reel to Real" were sold ? :eek:
    Well, this song is not obscure anymore...unless people have forgotten about it since then.

(Also makes me wonder what source material they used for the commercial as I don't think it came out on CD, unless the song appeared on a compilation or something).

3. FlatulentDonkey

FlatulentDonkey Forum Resident

Millennials are skint so no point targeting them. Gotta target the generation with money to spend, the generation keeping millennials skint - boomers.

4. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

I have no problem with it...Rock is good.

Dodoz likes this.
  5. daca

daca Currently on Double Secret Probation

Here's a little story I wrote.

Once upon a time I liked the Who's Eminence Front.
    Then I heard it 1.7 million times between every break of a live sporting event on TV.
    Now I want to vomit when I hear it. (Actually, I just hit mute.)
    I will never buy that automobile brand.
    Ever.

The End.

6. Dodoz

Dodoz Forum Resident

Just found out the song I mentioned earlier had made the cut on a french "commercial music" compilation...
    Pretty amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.