Has Tower gone crazy?

Discussion in 'Coupons, Discounts & Sales' started by ec461, Mar 1, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident Thread Starter

That's exactly what happened to me too, Greg. :mad:

2. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

Well, I made a "quick" order with those 3 discs because I have them bookmarked in my favourites and I check the pricing periodically. After I completed that order I figured I would look to see what else was there and maybe place another order but the site went down before I could do that. Oh, well. I think if you ordered too much though they may have cancelled the order anyway.

3. ec461

ec461 Forum Resident Thread Starter

I maintain a wishlist now so that I don't have to waste precious time in case such an opportunity comes again. ;)

4. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

That's a good idea. Saves searching.

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Brick and mortar stores normally honor pricing errors. The lone exception I experienced was, no surprise, Tower. Back a few years ago, they had a couple copies of the Dave Brubeck Time Out multi-channel SACD marked for $9.99 (the price of the CD). They would not honor their mistake. I got the old, "Oh, someone made a mistake." The manager then had someone grab the two copies and reprice them. I haven't been back to that store since.

6. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

My experience yesterday was positive. :righton:

7. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

Well, I had orders go through that included:

John Coltrane Cellar Door Box Set $14.99
    Miles Davis Jack Johnson Box Set $7.49
    Miles Davis Fillmore West SACD $3.74
    Carpenters Essential Colection Box Set $5.74
    Miles Davis Silent Way Box Set $9.99

Needless to say, about 15 hrs later I got an email saying my order was cancelled.

They suck!

8. Driver 8

Driver 8 Senior Member

Lately Tower has had some special displays of catalog CDs on sale in their brick and mortar stores for pretty low prices - $7.99 - $9.99, iirc.

9. SamS

SamS Forum Legend

What reason did they give for your order cancellation?

10. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

I may have been lucky as all the items I ordered were "In Stock" at the time so the order proceeded very quickly. Also, the order total was around $20 before shipping so maybe they didn't even bother to check it.

11. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I think you simply had an inexperienced employee handling your order, to your advantage!

I'm jealous.

12. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

They said the prices were computer errors on their part, and unfortunately could not be honored.

13. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

I actually had four different orders "completed and in process" that inluded all "In stock" items, but they all got cancelled. Also, I stumbled upon the "Sale" at roughly 2-3 a.m. pst, right when the goof started, but still they cancelled everything. Maybe I just had too many good deals on my orders for them to comply. I mean I had about 40 "In Stock" items purchased and the orders completed, and they ALL got cancelled.

14. ATSMUSIC

ATSMUSIC Senior Member

Ok I'm trying to understand why do people get mad when an order gets cancelled that is obviously an error? I can understand being sad because you didn't get your great deal but actually mad? I don't get it.

15. yesstiles

yesstiles Senior Member

No mad, just sad.

:(

16. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

I'm not mad. I'm just waiting for them to arrive. Probably in a few days. :righton:

17. Larry Mc

Larry Mc Forum Dude

Maybe you should keep it to yourself when you get lucky........

18. Guy R

Guy R Well-Known Member

That's what my wife says.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.