Have you ever received a pirate CD through 3rd party Amazon seller?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by Vinyl Fan 1973, Sep 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bobby Morrow

Bobby Morrow Senior Member

Thanks for that. I have all her early studio albums on CD and they do all sound great. Absolutely no need to remaster any of these beauties. I can't believe how wonderful The Kick Inside sounds.

Dave and Vinyl Fan 1973 like this.
  2. Anyone hear of any of The Beatles Capital box being fakes or their just not bothering to make any this time

3. Vinyl Fan 1973

Vinyl Fan 1973 "They're like soup, they're like....nothing bad" Thread Starter

I have the Kick Inside on vinyl, on the Harvest label and it sounds great. Her albums are something special.

Bobby Morrow likes this.
  4. Vinyl Fan 1973

I don't believe those exist, I have not come across anything in my research that points to counterfeit Beatles Capitol box sets. I have read a lot of stuff on the fake mono boxes however.

5. I meant to ask about the new box set the US albums

6. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

I actually received SOME (about 5!!) counterfeit items from Amazon proper during the last year!

As the price was "right" I did NOT care!

7. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

It doesn't look like anybody bothered although if somebody is bootlegging The Whole Story you have to wonder why not? Fair play to the bootleggers for filling a gap in the market. It should send a message to the majors to either a) price the product more realistically (Beatles Mono Box) or repress the damn thing to fulfill demand (The Whole Story). I they did either of those things bootlegs would not get a look in.

8. Vinyl Fan 1973

I see your point, and I understand why people go looking for bootlegs, but I was not. I wanted the real deal, paid for what I thought was the real deal, and that's not what I got. I only deal with "live" bootlegs, live shows of the bands I love that don't want to release these things themselves. I would never buy a bootleg of an official item to save money. I'd rather pay to get the real deal.

9. joachim50

joachim50 Forum Resident

The item you're talking about (The whole story by Kate Bush)is NOT a "bootleg" but a counterfeit(=an illegitimate copy of something that already exists).

BTW:you'll find hundreds of bootlegs(=something which has has been brought into the open (without permission),that has NOT existed before) all over amazon proper if you know what you want.

10. Dr-Winston

Dr-Winston Forum Resident

Absolutely me too, I would feel ripped off (and did!) but lots of people don't know or care about the difference, that's why the people that complain get their money back, because most people are quite happy with the goods supplied.

11. slayerhatesusall

slayerhatesusall Well-Known Member

This Latvian discogs seller has tons of fakes for sale including Chase one's, I always avoid buying cds from sellers in countries like Latvia, Ukraine, Belarus, etc 99% of the time they are fakes.
    http://www.discogs.com/seller/kolya3440#
    For rare metal cds, avoid Greece since too since tons of pirated metal cds come from there. Sometimes there is US sellers that import these cds to sell also, usually they are easy to spot as they almost always have many fake titles for sale at a time.

12. Vinyl Fan 1973

Well I heard back from the seller and this was their reply:

Dear Geoffrey,

Many thanks for your order.

We are sorry to hear you are not completely satisfied with your item.

We would like to assure you that the item is 100% genuine, bought direct from the UK distributor WDL.

WDL NEVER sells bootlegged, copied, or used items. They receive all their stock directly from the artists or their management, and you can be assured that what you received is the original item. They deal with primarily independent artists, so they often do short-runs of CDs as the official release.

If you would still like to return the item please let us know and we will arrange a return.

Kind regards
    Marco
    Customer Service
    Rarewaves

I would be shocked if any official company would allow those types of booklets to get printed up, it's a joke. The paper is cheap stock, there is missing areas of the printing, missing words, and there are criss crossing lines going through every page in the background, so every photo of Kate has lines through it. At least they are arranging a return.

13. I recently ordered a Talking Heads CD+DVD-A used from amazon.co.uk and the jewel case only contained one CD-R with "Beasty Boys" handwritten on it. Kind of funny :). I complained through seller feedback and immediately got a refund. It was one of those sellers with hundreds of thousands of feedback votes so I guess they simply can't check the quality of every single used item arriving at their warehouse. Maybe I should mention that on dozens of purchases from that same seller and hundreds of other purchases of used items from Amazon in Europe this was the only time it ever happened. So no problem here. If at all I'm sometimes unhappy that the advertised condition of used items is sometimes misleading; it happens that VG items look less than acceptable when arriving. Certainly not the postman's fault.

Vinyl Fan 1973 likes this.
  14. jimod99

jimod99 Daddy or chips?

I ordered what was supposed to be an original cd of Joe Strummers Earthquake Weather from a UK seller (UKpaperbackshop) earlier this year , I already had the US Amazon on demand CDr, when it arrived it was sealed and obviously a counterfeit, when I went back to them they asked me to return it and they gave me a full refund, including return postage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.