Have you ever simply forgotten to go to a concert?

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by frank3si, Apr 22, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cassius

Cassius On The Beach

I have forgotten about a few when I was on the list. I think there is a correlation with paying to see, and not forgetting with me.

2. docwebb

docwebb Forum Resident

Ticketmaster just sent me an email reminder that I have tickets to Bruce Springsteen this Thursday. Didn't need the reminder...my wife would never have let me forget....
    Usually I am excited about an anticipating a concert......no way could I forget any more than I could have forgotten Christmas as a kid.

3. Rochdale3

Rochdale3 Forum Resident

I always wonder how many people don't get the news when there is a date change and a concert is earlier than originally scheduled. There must be a few people that show up on the original date.

Fortunately this doesn't happen as much as it probably did 20 years ago due to email notices from the ticket agency etc.

4. tedg65

tedg65 Forum Resident

Forgot about the Sinead O'Connor show around 1990 at Great Woods in Mansfield Ma. We had 4 tickets in the 10th row.
    Fortunately Sinead was doing another show the very next night and I was good friends with my ticket broker who comped me another set of the same tickets for that show.

5. No. Back in the 70's I might have forgotten I was there but I never forgot to go.

Rick G

RomanZ and revolution_vanderbilt like this.
  6. jamesmaya

jamesmaya Senior Member

Yes! A Grateful Dead show -- Sunday, Sept. 15, 1985, Devore Stadium, Southwestern College, Chula Vista, CA. "Rain or Shine"! I don't remember why I didn't go. Here's the ticket....

[​IMG]

wavethatflag likes this.
  7. csblue

csblue Forum Resident

No, I have never forgotten... and I certainly will not forget to go to see "The Wall" in May in Portland, Oregon !!!

8. Fullbug

Fullbug Forum Resident

No, but I forgot to get on a plane once for a business trip I wasn't thrilled about making.

Mal likes this.
  9. cdash99

cdash99 Senior Member

Never had that happen, but I showed up at Night 1 of a two night Elton John stand. Problem was we had tickets to Night 2. Thankfully we were able to exchange the seats at the box office and ended up with better seats in the process.

10. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

Better to go to Night 1 with tickets to Night 2 than to go to Night 2 with tickets to Night 1! :D

When Bruce played the two local solo shows in 1995, I USED my Night 2 ticket on Night 1. Didn't realize it until I was in my seat and the guy with the ticket for that seat showed up!

Happily, I had the other ticket with me, albeit in my car. I had to run out and get it so I could go to my real seat - missed the first two songs, unfortunately.

Also had a hassle getting in the next night with my already-torn ticket, but it all worked out in the end...

11. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

Where's the poll?

12. serge

serge Forum Resident

yes but I don't remember for sure which one.. I think it was the Cure...

13. Lord_Gastwick

Lord_Gastwick Forum Resident

I went to see Genesis at Hampden Park, Glasgow, in 1987, and wished that I'd forgotten.

RomanZ and Fullbug like this.
  14. Dodgytc

Dodgytc Forum Resident

Just once.
    Paul Weller @ The House OF Blues, LA July 20th 2001. I purchased the tickets about 3 or 4 months before the show and put them in drawer.
    Weller was playing 3 nights (I think) at the venue, July 20/21/22.
    I was watching "Later with Jools Holland" on the BBC America on the evening of the 21st and Weller was one of the featured acts. Seeing him jogged my memory that I had tickets, rushed to get them only to find I had missed the show the night before.
    The good news is that tickets were still available for the last night and I still got to go, the HOB is a standing venue so I found a good spot & had a great time.

15. Tortazilla

Tortazilla Forum Resident

Eric Clapton Universal Amphitheater 1983. My buddy forgot too! I read in the paper the next day how Clapton had not played better in years. It haunts me to this day. Thanks for reminding me.

16. Pizza

Pizza With extra pepperoni

Just did it a few weeks back. Had tickets for the Cleveland Orchestra performing to a Charlie Chaplin film. I realized it the next day. I was totally bummed.

17. cubbykat

cubbykat Bringer Of Pain To Your Face

Wow, what an eerily timely thread. I was supposed to go see Chares Lloyd tonight in San Francisco and totally missed it! For some reason I thought it was in another week and the venue had never sent me a confirmation email to begin with (though I did get charged), so I guess I spaced on the date...

18. frank3si

frank3si Forum Resident Thread Starter

I just saw a video on YouTube of the Ronnie Wood show I missed Saturday night, the inspriation for this thread. No mega-guests, but a fine band of Stones associates: Steve Jordan, Willie Weeks, Chuck Leavell, Bernard Fowler, Andy Wallace. Ah well...

19. drbryant

drbryant Senior Member

Well, kind of. Radiohead a few years back. I remembered the date, and I remembered the time - 7:00 p.m., so around 6:00 p.m., I take a look at the tickets and realize that the show is at "17:00" - one of those weird 5:00 p.m. Sunday shows in Japan.

Missed it.

20. mikestar

mikestar Friendly Optimist

Nope never.

21. parkmebike

parkmebike I'm in love with a girl...

didn't forget the concert, but we were early....some friends and I went to Lollapalooza 1995 a day early. And we were amazed at the great parking place we got at the Marcus Amphitheater! Doh.

22. To be perfectly honest I can't remember! :D I've forgotten about a few that I have attended and then again there are a few that are best forgotten!

23. Yannick

Yannick Forum Resident

When John Wesley Harding was in town for a rare appearance in Germany a few years back, I did not get to know about it until I discovered his tour blog much much later.

24. marka

marka Forum Resident

Yep, but I forgot which one it was. :)

wavethatflag likes this.
  25. goldwax

goldwax Rega | Cambridge | Denafrips | Luxman | Dynaudio

Nope, but I've forgotten to get tickets for plenty of shows that I would have liked to go to. That's happened a depressing number of times, most recently feedtime on their first US tour ever (I think), and also almost certainly their last. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.