Have you preorderd the new ELAC speakers from Andrew Jones?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lebowski, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

The woofer looks very like the one in Wharfedale's 80th Anniversary Denton speaker. Kevlar, and a great midrange!

2. I have the same on pre-order. Strictly speaking, pre-order meant indicating my intention to buy, followed by the email from ELAC saying we will get back to you when we are ready to take your money and ship.

That has not occurred yet, so I would guess delivery next week would be optimistic.

3. I just got an update from Chris Walker saying that there is a Customs delay that could be as much as a week. The good news is that those who pre-orderd in the US will ship free, and overseas pre-order buyers will get shipping as cheaply as possible.

4. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

Anybody know where I could find these in Canada?

5. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

Try Amazon?

6. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

.ca I'm not finding the b5 or b6 being talked about

farmingdad likes this.
  7. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here! Thread Starter

Interestingly Amazon.com has changed the status of the B5 and B6 from "Pre-order, available October 1st" to "Out of Stock." Either their inventory never arrived (which would correspond with @BGLeduc's post) or they sold out based on pre-orders. I wonder if I should complete my order for the F5 just so I can get in the que...

8. I can't say I am privy to ELAC's distribution methods, but per the email that ELAC sent out last night, the product has arrived in the US but was sitting in Customs awaiting clearance. I would say that Amazon may indeed have taken pre-orders in excessive of their initial allotment. Just guessing of course.

I can't see how any vendor could possibly have inventory at this point. Pre-orders made directly with ELAC are going to be direct shipped. I am not sure how Amazon or any other vendor gets product, but I would bet that this resolves itself in a few days.

9. Lebowski

Sad to say, but I'm willing to bet that Amazon gets preference over ELAC's own orders. Amazon's buying power and influence over distributors, content creators, and manufacturers is just ENORMOUS these days.

10. Canada is a really big country. Where are you? I've seen Elac (here in Toronto, Ontario) at Audio Oasis on Queen st. east

Trapper J likes this.
  11. Trapper J

Trapper J Senior Member

I'll give them a call. I'm in the gta.

DangerousKitchen likes this.
  12. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

this is the e-mail that was sent out earlier this week to anyone who pre-ordered

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to give you a status update on your pre-orders. Most of the products have now arrived at the port, however since this is our first incoming shipment from overseas U.S. Customs is performing a secondary screening. This process might delay the product by a week. We are requesting status updates daily.

The good news is that shipping in the United States will be free for those who pre-ordered. For those of outside of the United States we are still working on a process to get you the product the least expensive way possible.

We will provide an update to everyone’s pre-order as soon as we resolve the customs delay.

Thanks,
    Chris Walker
    ELAC Americas LLC

13. ogbbv

ogbbv Well-Known Member

I think he lives in the Cave of the winds

14. lobo

lobo Music has always been a matter of Energy to me...

E-L-A-C

15. DaverJ

DaverJ Forum Resident

Thanks for the thread - I might be in the market for a pair of decent, affordable tower speakers in the next month or so. These look promising!

16. soundboy

soundboy Senior Member

17. Lebowski

18. konut

konut Prodigious Member. Thank you.

Lebowski likes this.
  19. Lebowski

Damn, that makes the F5 even more tempting. It's nice to see a real-world picture of them, even if it is a bit shaky. They look pretty nice.

My one concern now is that they are only rated with a sensitivity of 85dB. Am I overthinking it???

20. Lebowski

21. bhazen

bhazen GOO GOO GOO JOOB

I'd love to read a comparison of the B5 with Harbeth's P3ESR (the minimonitor champ, albeit $2,000+). I bet the result would surprise ...

22. mdm08033

mdm08033 Senior Member

I've had my Paradigm Atom surround array for 16 years. I wish Mr. Jones would consider a dipole surround. I prefer the de-localized surround when watching

23. Lebowski

Dammit, I've gone and pre-ordered a pair of the F5 towers from Amazon!
    They're scheduled for an Oct. 19 release date, I wonder what the actual date will be...

Johnny Wong and utahusker like this.
  24. ls35a

ls35a Forum Resident

I bet it wouldn't.

25. Johnny Wong

Johnny Wong Ya der hey.

Count me in. Sight unseen, I'd buy these as my next upgrade from the pioneers (which I love)

jamesc and bhazen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.