Have you preorderd the new ELAC speakers from Andrew Jones?

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Lebowski, Sep 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BeauZooka

BeauZooka Forum Resident

From Steve Guttenburg/Audiophiliac today:

"ELAC's new very affordable Debut speakers were the talk of the [Rocky Mountain Audio] show, and the company's Chris Walker gave me a sneak look at their upcoming ELAC integrated, 100 watt per channel stereo amp, which features a newly devised auto calibration system for 2.1 channel, speaker/subwoofer stereo systems. The ELAC amp is due later this year."

2. Lebowski

Lebowski Hey, careful man, there's a beverage here! Thread Starter

Any further word from ELAC? Amazon still lists the B5/6 as out of stock. Hoping my F5 ships on time.
    Which did you order?

3. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

What will you folks use for stands?

4. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

No update since that Sept 30 e-mail - I ordered the B6.

5. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Attended an open house last month at ELAC (both Chris & Andrew pronounced it E-lack), and we got to hear the F5s. They're truly pretty amazing. Hearing this big soundstage erupt from these smallish floor standers was a bit of a shock. Andrew is a blast to witness describing what he is seeking here.
    The tweeter magnets are huuuge compared to most, no wonder they sound that way. Here's a clip of the demo

Lebowski likes this.
  6. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

Sounds like the ultimate white van man con.

7. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

You would be completely incorrect.

Lebowski likes this.
  8. Lebowski

Looks like they were using the same heavy-duty Audio Alchemy gear they used had at RMAF. Hope my Yamaha integrated gives me even a fraction of the performance! Were they using a subwoofer at the open house?

9. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Yes they had the 10" & 12" running for the demo, though more for the HT part of it. I could tell by Andrew Jones' body language that he's much more of a music fan than HT fan.:)
    He switched over to playing some hi rez tracks off of his laptop, which is when you could really come to appreciate what the F5 can do with music. Also they showed how easy it is to set up the subs in any room using their bluetooth app and a cellphone, capturing test tone w/ phone right up to the sub driver (eliminating any room interaction), then replaying the same tones at the listening position, where the sub adjusts to replicate the same tone. Pretty nifty. ELAC Germany is quite supportive of this division. Starting in February, Jones designed, proofed,tweaked, re approved production revisioned, got them built , shipped & ready to go by October. Not too shabby.The Debut line will have a 3 year product life, and of course they will begin a mid level line to roll out next year. But again, the proof is in the listening...

10. LeeS

LeeS Music Fan

I heard these at RMAF and they sounded amazing.

CBC likes this.
  11. jeanralphio

jeanralphio Well-Known Member

I ordered the b6 from amazon (even though it said out of stock) and have no estimated delivery.

12. toddrhodes

toddrhodes Forum Resident

I think I'm going to get the biggest version of these, in monitor form, to compare against my DIY's, ultimately to go upstairs in the "theater." I mean, the reviews they're getting are nothing short of incredible for the money, so if my DIY's are better? Mission, accomplished.

bru87tr likes this.
  13. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

lots of hype on these but the price is tempting. it will be interesting to hear from long term owners once they have been on the market for a while as to what their actual value point is.
    the mystique over the AJ pioneer speskers was puzzling to me.

14. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

OCT 10 update

Hi Everyone,

Most of the products have arrived in our warehouse and are ready for shipping. We are still waiting on the S10EQ, S12EQ and A4 speakers. These are set to arrive over the next couple of weeks. All other models are in stock and ready to ship.

We have created a small web-store (see link below) that will allow you to order and pay for your products. This will simplify the shipping and payment process. It also allows us to accept a wider variety of payment methods. Currently we are setup to ship products to the continental United States only. We are still working on shipments to Canada and South America. For those of you outside of these areas we are working with our parent company in Germany on ways to get the products to you and we will update you once we have a solution. For those of you in the continental United States shipping will be free via ground delivery.

Below is the link to the online store.

https://elac-america.myshopify.com/

Thanks to all of you for your support and patience.

Chris Walker
    ELAC Americas LLC

15. Lebowski

Hmmm, wonder if I order my F5's via their site if they'll get here faster. They offer Ground shipping, which can be 4-6 days from CA to MA. Amazon ships 2-day shipping on the 19th. Might be a tie. Actually, come to think of it, if I order from ELAC there's no sales tax, so I'd save $35. That might break the tie.

I found out today there's an F6 model planned for Nov/Dec release; maybe I should wait for that, but can't find any specs on them.

16. toddrhodes

It seems odd to me that both the B6 and F5 are the same price...?

17. Deuce66

Deuce66 Senior Member

they're not - the B6 is for the pair, the F5 is each.

toddrhodes likes this.
  18. toddrhodes

Ohhhh, ok - obviously I didn't notice, thanks!

19. avanti1960

avanti1960 Forum Resident

music direct lists them. their shipping and delivery is lightening fast.

20. padreken

padreken Senior Member

I heard them as well, and completely agree-crazy good for the price, certainly better than the competition from Monitor, PSB, Klipsch, Paradigm, etc.

LeeS likes this.
  21. farmingdad

farmingdad Forum Resident

I don't doubt you, but boy this is sure a lot of hype!

22. Humbuster

Humbuster Staff Emeritus

you own Vandys so, like me, you must have good ears :D

23. bru87tr

bru87tr 80’s rule

If you get a pair and your close by, I will be waiting for an invite to hear them. :)

24. CBC

CBC Forum Resident

Same form factor as the F5 only w/ the 6.5 woofers, guessing low end will be extended. If you run a sub, I'm thinking you wouldn't notice much difference, but...

25. royzak2000

royzak2000 Senior Member

Yeh read a bit more than this thread, now, and am glad to say I was wrong.

Lebowski and CBC like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.