Haven: Season 3 Starts September 21

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by aaronfirebrand, Aug 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I'm happy this show was renewed for a full third season, as it's one of the more interesting SF programs.
    I'm surprised there's been no discussion of this program here.

One of the best things about Haven is Emily Rose (who was born in the same little town as I was).
    The show also features Richard Donat (nephew of Robert Donat from 39 Steps), John Dunsworth (Mr. Leahy from Trailer Park Boys), Eric Balfour and Nicholas Campbell.

Haven is based on Stephen King's The Colorado Kid, and though I avoid King as a rule, Haven is something I go out of my way to watch.

2. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Good show, though the only reason I started watching was because of Emily Rose, who I saw on the last season of ER. Is there a reason why S3 is starting so late? Haven is usually a summer show that's wrapping up by late September.

3. aaronfirebrand

aaronfirebrand Well-Known Member Thread Starter

Yeah, seasons 1 & 2 started in July. Maybe cast members were busy with other projects.
    Was anyone sure that the show would even be back?
    Maybe Syfy is trying to stretch out what little quality they have.
    I like the idea of a fall run instead of summer.

4. progrocker71

progrocker71 Forum Resident

I just started watching this show and it's excellent! Love the tone of the show, the writing and the cast is above average. I should be all caught up by the time Season 3 begins.

5. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I don't usually pay attention to the scenery in shows, but the views of Nova Scotia in Haven are pretty great. It'd never happen, but it'd be cool if they filmed the episodes starting in the fall and into winter. I imagine they'll have much of the season shot by September 21st.

6. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Don't forget it starts tonight!

7. Macman

Macman Senior Member

Nova Scotia is pretty great. :agree:

8. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I just caught up with S2 via DVD, and I think it rained 2/3s of the time they filmed last year. Hopefully, the weather was (is) better up there this year.

9. Jake!

Jake! Active Member

Awesome, I love this show, and Emily too!

10. Macman

Macman Senior Member

It can get a little wet here but the weather this spring and summer was the best I've ever seen. The show should be bright and sunny this season, which is probably not the look it's going for. :)

11. progrocker71

What a fantastic show, it has quickly become one of my favorites. Season 3 started out great, really looking forward to the ride!

12. cwon

cwon Active Member

This show deserves a huge audience.

13. progrocker71

Agreed!

14. Mike from NYC

Mike from NYC Senior Member

Been watching since it was first aired and I enjoy it. Suspend reality and enjoy the ride.

15. The show has gotten better as it has developed. I think it could have been a huge hit on a different channel. Ratings were pretty great for the season premiere.

16. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

I've seen the term "huge" tossed around a lot in this thread. While I like Emily Rose, I'm not sure she's leading-lady material for a major-network show. And the guy who plays Nathan sure ain't interesting enough as a male lead. IMO, the Warehouse 13 cast is much stronger. I like Haven, but I think it's fine where it's at.

17. progrocker71

I think she's great. Every bit as good as someone like Emily Vancamp from Revenge which is a huge hit on a major network.

18. I'll disagree about Emily Rose, she could carry a show on any network. The male leads probably would be different on a major network.

19. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Maybe you're right. Maybe if she had a better male lead to work with. I know Nathan isn't supposed to be a barrel of laughs, but IMO Lucas Bryant doesn't seem to make Nathan interesting as a character.

I think Emily would've have been really good on ER had she arrived a few seasons earlier when there was a lot of cast changeover and the newbies carried a lot of the story going forward. As it was, her one year happened to be the final season where she fought a losing battle for screentime with departing cast members, former cast members making cameos, and Angela Bassett entering as ER chief with a major storyline. Still, Emily made enough of an impression on me that I started watching Haven because of her.

20. I actually like Nathan as a character a lot, but Bryant probably doesn't look good enough to be cast as a male lead on a major network.

21. neo123

neo123 Senior Member

Really good episode tonight.

It's similar to "Back To The Future".

22. progrocker71

Good news for Haven fans, it has been renewed for Season 4.

23. Standoffish

Standoffish Smarter than a turkey

progrocker71 likes this.
  24. progrocker71

Awesome! I still have to finish season 4, I was thinking the show might get cancelled because it had been over a month with no announcements, this is great news.

25. Planbee

Planbee Negative Nellie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.