HDTracks News

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by robertawillisjr, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

And for the first time I can remember it is a multi-use code. So you can use it over and over again until the 28th.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  2. Rando

Rando Active Member

They have yet to post the McCartney ...

3. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Not so sure. I decided to pick up another title, but received "Sorry. You have already used this code."

4. Steve Martin

Steve Martin Wild & Crazy Guy

Interesting, their email says...

5. Rando

Rando Active Member

Geez, thought it was next week today...

6. HotelYorba101

HotelYorba101 Senior Member

Anyone get Rush's Vapor Trails yet?

I have heard it is leaps and bounds better than the original CD and the iTunes samples of it (the iTunes version is the same mastering as the HD tracks one) definitely give that impression but I am curious as to what the people here think of it

7. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Used code for Lee Morgan "Cornbread". Hope you did too. Phenomenal! The recording that really got me into jazz. Was always a fan but hears this one day and have been hooked ever since. Treat yourself to a hire version and you will not be disappointed.

8. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

I think they made a mistake in posting Wings Over America. Why would they have it before the physical copy comes out? Or before Paul's site or iTunes?

9. Mij Retrac

Mij Retrac Forum Resident

My guess is customer service will take care of you if you choose to use it again. I just tried it again and it didn't work either though.

10. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Yes, I'm downloading it now, along with the Wayne Shorter and Relayer. I'm sure I'll try to give the code another try before too long.

Mij Retrac likes this.
  11. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover Thread Starter

We sound like kids in a candy shop. :laugh:

mindblanking and Mij Retrac like this.
  12. warp2600

warp2600 Forum Addict

How does Relayer sound?

13. Chauncey

Chauncey Forum Resident

Has anyone listened to Purple Rain? Is it worth upgrading from my CD version?

14. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

I didn't get that far. I nearly passed out listening and barely crawled up to bed at after 3am. The Lee Morgan and Wayne Shorter are both very good. I'll listen to Relayer first tonight assuming I don't buy Blue or Purple Rain before that.
    Boy is that the truth. Getting HDT discount codes and patiently waiting for their new releases makes me feel like a kid on Christmas. The fact that I can be listening a few minutes after purchasing them is absolutely awesome to me. That's pretty close to instant gratification.

15. the grobe

the grobe New Member

I downloaded "Sailing the Seas of Cheese" by Primus and "Eliminator" by ZZ Top.

The new mix of "Seas" seems more spacious. A bit drier overall and the bass is more in the front. (Yes, that's possible!) I like it, I can't say if it's "better" than the original CD but different and it certainly gives a new window into the performance that I've heard probably a thousand times, ha ha . The "Bassnectar" mix of Here Comes the Bastards is nuts. Techno meets suck. worth the price of admission. Good stuff if you're into Primus.

Haven't listened to ZZ Top yet but others here say it's good.

16. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Contacted HDTRACKS, and the memorialday10 code has been fixed to allow multiple redemption.

So after purchasing Wayne Shorter's JuJu (very nice) I decided to buy Relayer.

Sounds very dynamic and detailed. I've just listened on Grado SR-80 headphones so far. I think if you were happy with the HDTRACK's Close To The Edge you'd probably like this one too (YMMV of course).

17. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

Oh God! This is a lousy time to be broke!

tagomago likes this.
  18. thxphotog

thxphotog Camera Nerd Cycling Nerd Guitar Nerd Dietary Nerd

Anybody have an opinion on the SRV releases on HDTracks? Specifically as they compare to say the 2-disc Essential Collection, which to me sounds perty darn good. I did a search but either I'm bad at using the search function or there just isn't much written about them here. (my guess is though that I'm bad at the search function :))

19. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

I can't really say. I listened to it once and I don't know what to think. I have not a/b'd Purple Rain. Some instruments sound really good, but it seems like a different mix then what I am used to. I thought the same thing about 1999. Controversy I thought sounded pretty good, but I have not listened to the CD in a long time. Hopefully I will have time to a/b Purple Rain tomorrow (I have the shm-cd from Japan which I love).

20. LEONPROFF

LEONPROFF Forum Resident

Picked up Cornbread on your recommendation. I have not listened to it on main system yet, but from what I am hearing I am going to love this album. Thanks Mindblanking.

21. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Enjoy. Listened again last night... great! I hope "The Gigolo" is next.

22. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

Can anyone tell me why I can't find Relayer? When I click on the link on the HDTracks home page, it takes me to the Yes page, but only shows CTTE, TYA and GFTO. No Relayer, no Yesshows. If I try a specific search for the album titles, again it comes back with nothing. Very frustrating.

23. Terry

Terry Senior Member

Relayer sounds quite good. Just don't think it's that great of an album.

24. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Well I must admit that last night was the first time I ever listened to the album. I was extremely surprised to discover how good the album actually is, not to mention how good the 192k version sounded. It was very dimensional. As a result of this, I'll try some of the other middle period Yes albums if and when they are released in hi-res.

25. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

Relayer? Extraordinary showcase of Steve Howe's talent!
    Listening to my Rhino's Relayer right now, to be able to compare with the HDTracks remastering right after.
    Sound Chaser first. Not sounding very good on the Rhino version. IIRC, Marino's remastering was different, but no better (bass shy?).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.