HDTracks News

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by robertawillisjr, Jan 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Claude

Claude Senior Member

Here are the links to the 192k and 96k versions of Relayer and Yesshows:

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX603497921904
    https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX603497921904

https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HX603497922918
    https://www.hdtracks.com/index.php?file=catalogdetail&valbum_code=HD603497922918

(for each album the two URLs I copied from the browser are identical, yet these are different pages. I have no idea how this works)

If you can't access these pages, maybe it's an IP address block in action, as has been the case with other albums.

2. Raf

Raf Senior Member

Claude likes this.
  3. Meng

Meng Forum Resident

I got an email from them - it's because I live in the UK, apparently.

Dammit.

4. fredhammersmith

fredhammersmith Forum Resident

5. warp2600

warp2600 Forum Addict

I know it's because of distribution rights or whatever but this is the biggest nonsense of all. Someone from Britain cannot access/ buy the (high rez) album of a British group...

Linto and Meng like this.
  6. Claude

Claude Senior Member

How about Qobuz? Is that download available to UK residents? If yes, the "Ce produit est autorisé à la vente dans votre pays." message is displayed before the Copyright info at the end of the listing.

http://www.qobuz.com/album/going-fo...dio-masters-24-bits-192-khz-yes/0603497924547

7. calpon

calpon Forum Resident

Picked up both Eliminator and Tejas......both sound terrific. I had Eliminator on LP ages ago, but I cannot recall how it sounded. Tejas...well anything is going to be better than the 6 pack version.

8. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

Anybody tested Herbie Hancock's Sound-System 96/24? If it sounds as good as the Future Shock SACD I might be tempted, especially with 10% reduction. :)

9. UncleHalsey

UncleHalsey Forum Resident

On the Rush front, I just listened to Fly By Night and Caress of Steel and was quite impressed. Had "Necromancer" and "The Fountain" especially cranked and didn't experience LOUDness fatigue. "In the End" sounded fantastic--very nuanced during the quiet Alex moments, then big soundstage when Alex kicks up with the power chords. This song really let's you know that 24 bits are in play.

2112 on deck! :D

10. johnny q

johnny q Forum Resident

Those are the two Rush albums that impressed me the most in that format - in particular Alex Lifesons guitar and the overall soundstage.

UncleHalsey likes this.
  11. ChivasRx

ChivasRx New Member

HDT just split the Rush Studio Albums '89-'07 so you can get them individually. Just picked up Presto.

UncleHalsey likes this.
  12. ChivasRx

ChivasRx New Member

I'm new to HDT as I picked up my first few downloads last week. I'm very surprised we can't review, or at least rate these. Seems like that would be very helpful. A glaring omission? I would think HDT would want customers to share their thoughts, especially if they were confident in their quality.

13. Claude

Claude Senior Member

IMHO it's better to have independent review sites, like this forum.

The reviews on small sites, such as Acoustic Sounds, are rarely helpful, since these are usually fanboy opinions. For a really significant overview of opinions, you need a site like Amazon with thousands of users and many potential reviewers.

My main wish of improvement would be that HDtracks starts using 21th century software for their website. ;)

nightenrock likes this.
  14. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Does anyone know how long a typical HD Tracks license is for? Have any of the titles they sold when they first began become unavailable?

15. Manly Moose

Manly Moose Active Member

Well it looks like we got Got To Be There and Purple Rain available, among other things I dont really recognize, a couple more Yes albums.

16. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Receive 10% Off Your Entire Purchase! Use Code: memorialday10
    This code expires on May 28, 2013 at 11:59 PM PT. CODE CAN BE APPLIED TO MULTIPLE ORDERS! Please note that once you apply a code to your order additional items cannot be added to your cart.

Well this expires tomorrow. It's a general 10% off anything in the catalog. Will there be another? Probably, but who knows when.

I'm still on the fence with Purple Rain, Blue and even Got To Be There. I did get Donna Summer's - I Remember Yesterday since last posting here.

Btw, interesting that you can't add items to your cart, but you can apply the code to multiple orders.

17. ibanez_ax

ibanez_ax Forum Resident

I bought the 96kHz Dreamboat Annie, Tea for the Tillerman, and Grant Green's Street of Dreams this weekend. Even my old ears like how they sound. I bought Ram a few weeks ago, I like that too.

18. hogger129

hogger129 Well-Known Member

It would be cool if they offered those Beatles 2009 24/44.1 remasters on there (that came on the apple USB).

I was looking around on there today to see if there was anything I was interested in, but I didn't get anything. Last week I got the 24/96 Van Halen and 24/88.2 Let It Bleed.

Anyone have any other suggestions based on those two? I own most of the Rolling Stones stuff on CD and a few of the early Van Halen albums on CD.

19. ServingTheMusic

ServingTheMusic Forum Resident

I always hold out for 20% off.....I feel HDTracks downloads are over priced by at least that margin anyway.

20. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I contacted HDtracks. They told me some titles can be copied to DVD and some couldn't because the record company encodes the disc.

HDtracks seems like a pretty good company, but they don't know what the source is or whether the source is encoded. For me, that is a deal breaker, right now. I am not prepared to buy a DAC for computer at this time. It would be nice to be able to play the downloads on other systems without dragging the computer and DAC from room to room.

21. hogger129

hogger129 Well-Known Member

I thought HDTracks was DRM free? Besides, FLAC doesn't support DRM anyway so if you bought them in that format, they should not have any kind of copy protections in the files.

22. Claude

Claude Senior Member

That doesn't make sense. What did you ask them exactly?

23. Tullman

Tullman Senior Member

I asked them if I could copy the downloads to DVD. They said that some of the titles I could burn but others were encoded to prevent copying.

I take it you guys have been burning these?? How about the yes titles?

24. john greenwood

john greenwood Senior Member

I was disappointed by Blue. See my post in the below thread.

http://forums.stevehoffman.tv/threads/joni-mitchell-blue-hd-tracks-download.318806/

As a point of comparison, I also downloaded Ladies of the Canyon, and am satisfied with that (although not blown away).

25. Doug Sclar

Doug Sclar Forum Legend

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.