Heart "Alive In Seattle" on SACD 6/10/03!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by MrMudPuppy, Apr 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMudPuppy

MrMudPuppy Forum Resident Thread Starter

The following is an excerpt from Heart's website that I thought might interest some of you:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
    April 22, 2003
    HEART/Luck Media

NEW 2-CD HEART ALBUM, ALIVE IN SEATTLE,
    FEATURES MAJOR HITS PLUS 4 NEWLY-WRITTEN HEART SONGS

Released as a CD/SACD hybrid, ALIVE IN SEATTLE also features
    four never-before-released cover songs by the group (Elton John‚s
    "Mona Lisas and Mad Hatters," The Sonics‚ "The Witch,"
    and Led Zeppelin‚s "Battle of Evermore" and "Black Dog")

Arrives in stores June 10th on Epic/Legacy
    The "Summer of Love" lives.

Alive in Seattle -- which captures the revived Heart‚s final hometown gig on their 2002 "Summer of Love" tour -- provides vivid and, yes, heartening proof that Heart lives. The concert will debut on PBS Television beginning in June and will also be released on VHS/DVD on April 29th through Image Entertainment. In addition, a double-CD/SACD (Super Audio CD) hybrid will bow June 10th on Epic/Legacy, a division of Sony Music.

To provide added value to the consumer, Sony has announced that the 2-CD collection will also contain high resolution SACD 5.1 surround sound and stereo tracks. The release will play on any standard CD player while purchasers who have an SACD player will also appreciate the improved audio and surround tracks. Despite the additional hi resolution audio information, the double CD package will carry a standard $24.98 list price.

2. fsutall

fsutall Senior Member

Their version of Battle Of Evermore has been released before. I imagine they would claim that it was released under their 'Lovemongers' guise and has thus never been recorded by Heart, even though the difference is negligible.

3. bartels76

bartels76 Forum Hall Of Fame

That's a hot picture of them. Ann looks great.

:love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love:

4. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i thought that heart was supposed to be having a new album coming out?

also, whatever happened to their box set?

renny

5. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i thought that heart was supposed to be having a new album coming out? studio, not live.

also, whatever happened to their box set?

renny

6. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Gotta Have Heart

That's an old picture. Ann doesn't look like that anymore. I saw her on the "Walk Down Abbey Road" tour not long ago which was a blast and also the last time I saw John Entwistle but she has not looked like that in years.
    Sounds great though. I have tickets to see them this summer. I think this particular show was on Direct TV not long ago. It's was quite good. Bass player from Alice In Chains is in the band. Check it out

Peace
    Norm

7. bartels76

Re: Gotta Have Heart

No it's this year! She's lost 70 pounds from being 100 pounds over weight. She got that stomach band surgery.

8. bartels76

I just did some Heart research. They are working on a studio album right now but a live album is being released first. I think they are in the writing stages still. Never heard of a box set coming out.

If you to their website you can hear samples of the live album. It sounds great so I'll have to pick it up.

9. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy

Re: Re: Gotta Have Heart

No way!
    Holy Carney Wilson!
    Good for her.
    Now I really can't wait to see her
    Peace
    Norm

10. metal

metal Forum Resident

Re: Re: Gotta Have Heart

I certainly hope so. I've got the Alive in Seattle DVD, which was recorded last year and Ann doesn't look like the picture above to the extent I have a hard time to recognize her.

11. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Gotta Have Heart

The geisha-like makeup doesn't help.

Joel

12. rjp

rjp Senior Member

the pause and play website had a heart box set listed for a long time, and then it was gone!

13. Craig

Craig (unspecified) Staff

Here's a couple of ads from the local (Seattle) weekly paper. One for their appearance at Tower Saturday and one for their concert in June.

Attached Files:

14. JoelDF

JoelDF Senior Member

That may have been replaced with that Essential Heart double CD set released a few months back.

Rumors abound about Sony re-issuing their Heart catalog later on. That could even mean possible SACD's now. Could just be hopeful fan-based rumors. Capitol's done remastered Dreamboat Annie twice since the original CD release (Steve's being the first re-master, the digi-pack release in '99 being the second). Although I used to think that other Heart albums needed re-mastering, now I'm not so sure, as so many recent re-masteres have disappointed me.

Joel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.