Hejira

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Fastworker, Aug 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fastworker

Fastworker New Member Thread Starter

Hejira by Joni Mitchell - just discovered this whole Steve Hoffman/DCC thing via Joni's 'Blue,' after which I'm ready to take the rest of my CD's out for skeet practice. Hejira is an album equal to Blue to many of those who are Joni-smitten, and a Steve Hoffman re-issue would no doubt be very gratefully received. I would buy 'Hissing of Summer Lawns,' as well, 'Night Ride Home' too.

Looking forward to obtaining the already done Doors albums - the regular CD's, no matter how supposedly re-mastered, all sound pretty thin and screechy, and I'm old enough to know better.

2. SonicZone

SonicZone Senior Member

Welcome to our community !!

Steve's work on the Doors' material, versus the originals, is like night and day. You won't be disappointed.

3. Fastworker

Fastworker New Member Thread Starter

Oy! Just got the DCC Doors, and it's simply astonishing. Suddenly my stereo sounds 10X better than it did before. It sounds like....like LP's used to.....like.....music! This experience, and this board, has done much to confirm an observation I've been nurturing for a while, which is that quality has become a cult item. I guess for the major labels, like the rest of the corporate world, all the money goes into the marketing instead of the product. It's left to the accidental discovery of the individual efforts of people like this Hoffman fellow to find what's gone missing. (And if you're reading this, Hejira would still be a definitive work!) Too bad I had to discover the DCC's when the company was already gone, and the CD's price on Ebay had tripled and more. Worth every penny though.

4. Ronflugelguy

Ronflugelguy Resident Trumpet Geek

Go after all of them, with a vengence, you won't be sorry!!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.