Hellboy DVD - any good???

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by KLM, Jul 28, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KLM

KLM Senior Member Thread Starter

I missed this one when it came out and my son thought it looked cool. So did anyone get the DVD that came out this week? How's the quality as well as movie itself. My son is pushing for me to get it but I don't need another movie that I will watch once and then let collect dust. At least I'm trying to be more prudent with my purchases.

2. Ken_McAlinden

Ken_McAlinden MichiGort Staff

Heck! Just the fact that they put the UPA cartoons "Gerald McBoing Boing", "Gerald McBoing Boing on Planet Moo", "How Now Boing Boing" and Edgar Allen Poe's "The Tell-Tale Heart" on the disc as supplements is enough to sell me on the DVD. :)

Regards,

3. Evan L

Evan L Beatologist

I saw Hellboy in the theaters and it was very good, IMO. Your liking will depend on how much you like comic book movies in general. It has a great sense of humor too. :righton:

Evan

4. CHARLOOTZ

CHARLOOTZ New Member

Be advised there will be an expanded 3-Disc version, with even MORE extras, available later this fall (I think I heard November...)

5. RDK

RDK Active Member

Yep, November for the "director's cut" (or some further-expanded version than is out now). I really dug this movie, so I'll probably wait for the 3-discer...

6. Tim Casey

Tim Casey Active Member

Great film, and I usually don't like current Hollywood fare.

There's a lot of misty stuff, though, and that type of image highlights the "banding" problems with DVDs.

7. FredCamp

FredCamp Senior Member

:edthumbs: I agree wholeheartedly. And Hellboy is good, too, so that makes the set well worth the 15.99 I shelled out for it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.