Hello, John Beland here...new to the forum

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by John Beland, Apr 14, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hi John,

I'm very familiar with your marvelous contributions to the latter day Flying Burrito Brothers, but I had no idea of your involvement with The Peppermint Trolley and Rick Nelson. Cool! :)

2. John Beland

John Beland New Member Thread Starter

Hi Dumangl
    I really haven't had any involvement with the Peppermint Trolley Co other than to sing the theme for the Brady Bunch in their place. I was also part of the artist stable that producer Dan Dalton put together, which included the PTC, Paul Parrish and myself.
    Rick nelson is a different story. I was very much involved in Rick's recording career, as well as live work. I played on all his sessions for the time I was with him and co-wrote a few songs with him as well. You can find out all about my time with Rick by visiting my website at www.johnbeland.com
    Here's a pic of Rick and I in the studio in 1979. I'm in the center next to Rick. The woman behind us is Rick's mom, Harriet.
    thanks
    JB

Attached Files:

3. John,

great to have you on board and thanks for the cool pics. :cheers:

4. bRETT

bRETT Senior Member

Just want to say that "Back to Sweetheart of the Rodeo" was a favorite travellin' music CD for quite some time. Saw it in a local store, bought out of curiosity, and was mighty impressed at how much life was still in the Burritos.

5. monewe

monewe Forum Resident

Nice to have you onboard.

6. [​IMG]

That's Harriet? She was 69 or 70 years old in 1979. She looks great!!

And who's the fellow wearing the Beach Boys shirt? Obviously good taste in music. :)

7. sungshinla

sungshinla Vinyl and Forum Addict

Welcome!

I hope you like vinyl (especially 33 rpm long playing records).

8. John Beland

John Beland New Member Thread Starter

The guy with the Beach Boys shirt was Clark Russell, our road manager and roadie for Rick and the band. Clark died with Rick in the plane crash in 85.
    jb

9. mr_mjb1960

mr_mjb1960 I'm a Tarrytowner 'Til I die!

I'll bet,John,you have a lot of "Road Stories" that need to be published,or,at least,told..there must have been some wild ones,huh?

10. His Masters Vice

His Masters Vice W.C. Fields Forever

Wow, welcome aboard John! Great pics. I just reviewed your bio to see if there was anything I'd missed over the years - sure enough there is ... something to look forward to!

Just reminded of Rick and his band (and Clark of course) and the plane crash. Tragic, but still, life must go on for the rest of us.

11. Welcome, John.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.