Help for newbie please on my Supertramp Crime of the Century Speakers Corner LP

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by BrianP, Jun 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrianP

BrianP Well-Known Member Thread Starter

I am relative newbie just getting the vinyl bug 20 years late. I purchased a Speakers Corner version of this record on Discogs. I have gotten burned now several times now and I am starting to get paranoid, so I wanted to see if anyone could save me from the straight jacket. My copy is sealed and has the Speakers Corner Records sticker on the left side about 6 cm from the top inconsistent with every photo I found online, which had the sticker on the top right. The spine says "printedinusa" on it but I thought this was a German print. I am guessing that could have been taken from the original cover, but wanted to mention it in case it is supposed to state "printedingermany". And the sticker and shrink wrap just looks like it IS NOT almost 20 years old. Send it back and eat the $30 Russian shipping costs? It cost me an arm and a leg and I want the real deal, so please any feedback is appreciated.

2. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Dont sales that are designated Russian Federation have a bit of a bad rep? Ive never purchased from there, just asking.

3. curbach

curbach Some guy on the internet

Indeed.

mpayan likes this.
  4. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

I have 8 Speakers Corner titles, the sticker can be on either the right, or the left. Haven't checked my physical copies yet, but looking here right now : Speakers Corner Records

Nothing on any of my spines, I do read repeatedly how the sticker is the only way to identify it. The jackets are a replica of the original release, on the original label.

Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  5. mpayan

mpayan A Tad Rolled Off

Well, there's your sign OP..

6. Myke

Myke Trying Not To Spook The Horse

7. I presume you haven't opened it yet as you might want to return it based on the two concerns you have. My copy also has "Printed in USA" on the spine and the label is affixed top right. I wouldn't be concerned about the label placement as I think those are manually placed. Placing it on the top right or on the left 6" lower doesn't impede on the Supertramp and album title name, so I think you're good. Had it been blocked I'd be concerned. My Elton John GYBR has the sticker on the left. It would impede essential graphics if it were on the right. Notice that these stickers aren't always perfectly horizontal.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.