Help identify shure cart

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by coltlacey1, Jul 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. coltlacey1

coltlacey1 Forum Resident Thread Starter

Hey guys so the sl-1400 I picked up the other day had what appeared to be a shure premier cart with broken stylus. The stylus was a "shure hi track" it was yellowish/white in color. Just curious if anyone can identify the cart and let me know what stylus I can get for it. Thanks a lot guys!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. action pact

action pact Music Omnivore

It looks like a variation of the M95 or M97 - is this a Radio Shack cartridge made by Shure? What does it say on the sides?

Any of the styli for V-body Shures should fit, ie: M95, M97, M35.

coltlacey1 likes this.
  3. action pact

Does this look like it from the side?

Shure Premier (= M95ED)

[​IMG]

coltlacey1 and The Pinhead like this.
  4. coltlacey1

It does look just like that actually

5. coltlacey1

And it does not say anything on the sides. Wondering how this will be if I find a nice stylus in comparison to my at120e

6. action pact

Really? I see two stickers in one of your photos. It should say "Premier" on one side and "Shure" on the other.

I have never heard an AT120E, but the M95ED is very well regarded. Knowing the typical AT and Shure house sounds, I would expect the Shure to be fuller and lusher in the mids/upper bass vs. the AT, and the AT will have a clearer, more extended top end.

For styli, you can get an EVG-branded (and JICO-made) elliptical replacement for short bread on eBay or get a more pricey, upper-end JICO.
    http://www.jico-stylus.com/product_info.php?products_id=1032

7. coltlacey1

Thanks, when you said on the sides I thought you meant on the outside of the shell, my apologies. Yes, underside, on each side it has wording. It is shure and premier as you stated. I was unable to get my camera to focus in properly. I'll take a look at some of the styli and see if I can locate anything I like. Thank you for the help

action pact likes this.
  8. action pact

coltlacey1 likes this.
  9. Jane Scranton

Jane Scranton Forum Resident

I just purchased a new N97EJ stylus inside a M95ED i got online[waiting for the delivery)...do you think these are not compatible with each other, as the info seems to say(??)..thanx for your help.:)

10. action pact

I believe the styli for all or most of the V-bottom Shure carts are interchangeable, but I'm not 100% certain.

11. Jane Scranton

Jane Scranton Forum Resident

Thank you for reply.The Seller said the sound is great...I just wanna follow the best advise .Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.