Help Identifying TV Show

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by misterjones, Oct 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. misterjones

misterjones Smarter than the average bear. Thread Starter

All I can remember (from my youth) is this rather dark episode of a TV show (along the lines of Outer Limits) that included a scene where a man was in the New York City subway late at night. The man pushed another person in front of an on-coming subway train. This man might have been struggling with the notion that he was a robot. At one point he might have pulled back the skin on his arm to reveal wires and other circuitry (though it's possible I'm confusing this element of the show with one from another, similar show).

Not much to go on, but does anyone have any ideas? I originally thought it must have been Outer Limits. It could be, but none of the episode summaries seem right.

2. PaulKTF

PaulKTF Senior Member

When was your youth? A timeframe of when you saw it would help. Was it in color or black and white?

misterjones likes this.
  3. misterjones

Great point. (I thought everyone here was my age!) This would have been the mid-sixties. Everything was black and white for us, but I have the feeling this was the first run of the episode (or within a year). Outer Limits would have been about the right timeframe.

4. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Was it The Outer Limits "The Man with the Glass Hand?" Harlan Ellison story. I forget though if he pushed someone into a train.

[​IMG]

I wonder who owns that hand prop? It's awesome. It was such a great episode.

5. misterjones

That's what I originally thought, though I think it is called "The Demon With the Glass Hand". I recalled watching that episode, as well. But I got a hold of a copy and watched it and no dice. No subway scene.

Glancing through nearby episodes, I might have found it four episodes later.

41 9 "I, Robot" Leon Benson Story by : Eando Binder
    Teleplay by : Robert C. Dennis November 14, 1964 43
    Adam Link is accused of murder. However, Adam Link is a robot, who maintains the victim's death was the result of an accident. Placed on trial for the murder of Professor Link, his creator, Adam Link is defended by the professor's niece and the retired lawyer Mr. Cutler. Ultimately it turns out that the prosecution is not simply placing the robot on trial, but humankind itself as irresponsible and abusive of technology.

Ghostworld likes this.
  6. misterjones

Nope. I take it back. Just watched a clip, and I don't recall that silly robot.

7. misterjones

I may very well be combining "The Demon With the Glass Hand" and another episode, which makes things rather confusing. Now I'm not sure about the robot part.

Hey, anyone remember a 1960s TV episode where a guy gets pushed in front of a subway train? Ugh.

8. I am pretty sure it is the Twilight Zone episode I linked above. It has he subway scene and the main character is confused about his origins.

doublenaught and misterjones like this.
  9. misterjones

Sorry. I didn't see your post. I'll check it out now.

10. misterjones

We have a winner!!!!! Here's a still from the subway scene:

[​IMG]

Ghostworld and MLutthans like this.
  11. misterjones

And here's the arm (as I remember it):

[​IMG]

Thanks for the expertise. I'll be tracking this down. Definitely a blast from my past.

12. Unfortunately Netflix doesn't have season 4, seasons 1,2,3, and 5 are on Netflix. I own the entire original series on DVD and have watched every episode, it is the best TV series ever in my opinion and that episode is a very good hour long episode.

misterjones likes this.
  13. misterjones

I just ordered Season 4 from the local library. Is that a good season? Which is the best? I have Season 1 on DVD, and I have watched a few episodes.

14. Ghostworld

Ghostworld Senior Member

Great find. Thank God it didn’t go well as long as the identify these two coeds from a film leader thread.

Dudley Morris likes this.
  15. All seasons are good but the hour long episodes are generally not as good as the half hour episodes in my opinion, season 4 is probably the 5th best season as a result. The episode you recalled is one of the best hour episodes, we'll see if you agree after watching them.

16. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

IMO, every season is great...nothing touches it...

Chris Gerhard likes this.
  17. James Slattery

James Slattery Forum Resident

The thing I like about the 4th season is that unlike the 1/2 hour episodes, I haven't seen them dozens and dozens of times so they seem almost new.

Chris Gerhard likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.