Help Me Find The Title Of A Long Forgotten '70s Zombie Movie

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by EdogawaRampo, Sep 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EdogawaRampo

EdogawaRampo Senior Member Thread Starter

I can barely remember much of anything about this (probably terrible) early 70s movie except this, which I thought at the time was pretty funny...

Anyway, local guy comes back from Viet Nam and hooks up with his old gang, who takes him out to party, but he won't even get out of the car, just sits in the back seat. IIRC they finally coax him into the house where the party is taking place, but he's just a drag, keeps his sunglasses on and won't party...because...he's actually dead. I think he might actually run amok and kill at some point.

That's all I can remember. It might been a very late night TV movie selection, but was probably low budget and not very good, but I find myself thinking about it sometimes and want to have a look again.

Ring any bells with anyone?

2. Al Kuenster

Al Kuenster Senior Member

Reminds me of Jacob's Ladder with Tim Robbins

3. Justintime

Justintime Forum Resident

Deathdream (aka Dead of Night) I saw it about 2 years ago on TCM Underground. Strange early 70's horror movie worth watching once or twice.

[​IMG]

izgoblin likes this.
  4. Barnabas Collins

Barnabas Collins Senior Member

driverdrummer likes this.
  5. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Indeed it is Deathdream. It's not a bad movie at all! Even though its anti-war stance isn't unique, the well-written script and fine acting is. That was directed by Bob Clark who went on to direct Porky's and A Christmas Story.

6. EdogawaRampo

Great movie, but no, that's from around 1990 or thereabouts.

7. EdogawaRampo

Thanks to all! It sounds like what I saw way back when was indeed Deathdream. I'll have to see it again!

8. Texastoyz

Texastoyz Forum Resident

If you have the El Rey network, they showed it not too long ago and they usually repeat stuff so it may come on pretty soon again.

9. driverdrummer

driverdrummer Forum Resident

Sounds like something I'd enjoy. Heck, I watch a double bill of Black Dynamite and House of the Devil at least once a month!

10. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

One of my favorites from the 80's.

[​IMG]

11. izgoblin

izgoblin Forum Resident

Except that it was released in 1972. :)

But indeed, Deathdream is from the same team as Children Shouldn't Play With Dead Things.

Holy Diver likes this.
  12. Holy Diver

Holy Diver Senior Member

I guess I first watched it in the 80's. :)

13. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Watched both of those in the last couple of months. Great atmosphere!

14. Dreadnought

Dreadnought I'm a live wire. Look at me burn.

Saw this just last week for the first time. Kept my interest. Also had interest in the bonus Canadian-movie-nerd factor of seeing another of (American) Bob Clark's Canadian run (Black Christmas, Murder by Decree, Porky's).

15. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

early zombie movies can be tough to watch with the primitive make-up, but i still love them! LOL!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.