Help needed for teacher's classroom stereo!

Discussion in 'Audio Hardware' started by Chris Desjardin, Aug 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

My wife is a teacher. She needs a boom box type tape player with numerous headphone jacks for the kids to listen to books on tape. Well, the ones she has found are all over $100. Plus there is no CD player with it in case she wants to play CD's, and it's mono. So if she wants to play CD's of music in her class, she needs another stereo for that. Does anyone know of a headphone box that can be hooked up to a regular stereo that gives 5 or more headphone outlets?

2. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Hi Chris, Radio Shack used to make these. I still have one where you plug the it into the headphone jack and then you can plug four headphones into the box. This was years ago. I tried to find a newer one sometime ago but had no luck.

mud-

3. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

4. Chris Desjardin

Chris Desjardin Senior Member Thread Starter

Thanks, Mud. I'll look into these. It's hard being an audiophile sometimes. I just cannot let her use the crap that's out there. I told her a little searching would get something better.

5. mudbone

mudbone Gort Annaologist

Chris, I checked some of the prices. You won't be able to convince me that some of these aren't audiophile quality!:laugh:

mud-:D

6. Clay

Clay Forum Resident

Hi Chris,

If you need a low priced receiver and cassette desk or speakers send me a PM.
    I have a garage full of cool old stuff.
    Actually for books on tape you only need a cassette desk with a headphone jack.
    I have 2 matching Sony silver face cassette decks with headphone jacks.
    Pristine Techincs 202 silver face receiver with headphone jack.
    BIC venturi speakers (2 way 6" great for books on tape with piezo electric tweeter)
    Vintage good sounding headphones.
    Vintage not so good sounding headphones with one cup holder broken, yet easy to fix (it is in the car for good will)
    Negotiable price ~$100 for all

7. cwon

cwon Active Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.