Hendrix LP worth $5 up to $255 on Ebay

Discussion in 'Third Party Sales & Auctions' started by Led9, Dec 14, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pscreed

pscreed Upstanding Member

AaronW, Vinylsoul 1965 and MikeInFla like this.
  2. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Someone ought to add up how much he'd made out of this little scam.

3. Devotional

Devotional Senior Member

4. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

But he includes FREE shipping!! That has to generate a lot of good will... ;)

MikeInFla likes this.
  5. danner

danner Forum Resident

It would be kind of hilarious if he had any signatures from dead artists on posthumous albums.

dlokazip likes this.
  6. DreadPikathulhu

He seems to know what he's doing. Here's a copy of Syd Barrett's "Barrett" LP "signed" by David Gilmour, who did produce and play on it.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SYD-BARRETT...925652?hash=item2102ebc154:g:2OsAAOSw0HVWAtIP

Nirvana's "Live at Reading" is "signed" by Kris Novoselec and Grohl, but no Cobain.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NIRVANA-LIVE-AT-READING-CD-kurt-cobain-/131639075388?hash=item1ea64ce23c:g:8c4AAOSw9mFWMB0b&nma=true&si=biIMWwPW2OTbPCvgEZiEPB0T4v8%3D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

" I DO NOT KNOW THE DETAILS OF EACH ITEM'S HISTORY. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause."

7. DreadPikathulhu

8. SoporJoe

SoporJoe Forum Resident

He's making a killing, that's for sure.

9. buzzzx

buzzzx Forum Resident

Bidding them up himself?

10. DreadPikathulhu

My thought was money laundering. Someone would have to be a complete blithering idiot to thing that this guy would have a heretofore unknown stash of highly valuable autographed LPs and not know what they were.

11. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

First thing I thought when I saw that Hendrix LP was that the Reprise label design is pretty late, possible post death. This led me to look at his other auctions and I found this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/GRATEFUL-DE...989184?hash=item1ea8525e00:g:DX8AAOSwcOFWabjz
    It's for a full band original lineup "autographed" copy of The Grateful Dead - Live Dead with the palm tree label, which didn't appear until very late 1975. Seeing as Pigpen's signature is on there and he died in March of 1973 indicates that this guy didn't do his homework, unless Pigpen signed from the grave. I have to admit that the way he posts his stuff is a brilliantly deceitful business model. He's relying on buyers thinking they've just stumbled upon a rare mislisted item and are getting the deal of the century. What I wanna know is who fakes the signatures and what percentage they get. :laugh:

Dave, ggergm, AaronW and 2 others like this.
  12. Arnold Grove

Arnold Grove Senior Member

Here is the fellow who does the signatures. He gets paid in bananas... ;)

[​IMG]

13. MikeInFla

MikeInFla Glad to be out of Florida

I wonder if some of the "writings" could be compared with others that he is selling. Meaning that if all John Lennon signatures look exactly the same then its a machine. I think if they were authentic it would be stated as such. No one has a collection this large with that many autographs being unverified. I think I have a few. I have a No More Tears CD signed by Randy Castillo. I have several Styx, Night Ranger, Sass Jordan and a few other cd's signed. All were done in person. Do I have proof? No, other than the fact that I was present when they were signed.

And Walland, TN is nowhere near Nashville it is in East Tennessee closer to Knoxville. From what I understand Paul McCartney doesn't sign much. And to have a 45 of Say Say Say signed both by him and Michael? Gotta be fake. And if it is true he had Milk & Honey signed by Lennon then the proof is in the pudding but I could not find that one on his unsold stuff.

SEV likes this.
  14. The constant "Best Wishes" gives it away doesn't it?

How very lame...

15. pscreed

Nice work.

MikeInFla likes this.
  16. pscreed

Had not thought of that, very interesting.

17. Vinyl Addict

Vinyl Addict Forum Resident

Wow, what an a-hole.
    Why hasn't ebay taken these auctions down?

18. pscreed

my guess is the guy offers immediate no questions asked refunds and no return required if anybody has an issue. Plus he makes no claims about autographs. I mean it's only a matter of time but he is a sharp operator for sure.

MikeInFla likes this.
  19. DreadPikathulhu

You can report him using the "report item" link in each auction, but he's obviously done his homework as none of the available choices match what he's doing (I'd call it a misleading photograph) and you can't enter your own text.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2015
  20. DreadPikathulhu

Last edited: Dec 16, 2015
  21. Led9

Led9 Forum Resident Thread Starter

The Hendrix album went for $1,358.

22. katstep

katstep Professional Cat Herder

Maybe the takeaway here is that some folks believe what they want to believe, and these folks clearly believe that they're bidding on a rare autographed item. It doesn't take too much research or intuition to rapidly conclude that these items are fakes. Buyer beware.....

23. Gaslight

Gaslight ⎧⚍⎫⚑

24. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

25. trackstar

trackstar Forum Resident

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.