DCC Archive Hendrix Vinyl Question

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by NoTinEar, Nov 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NoTinEar

NoTinEar Suspended Thread Starter

I realize this isn't a DCC specific question, but I have enough confidence in the members that if they like what they hear from a DCC version of something, then their opinions are going to be good. I am asking for information on the Jimi Hendrix Experience box set that is currently available as a cd or LP version. I am specifically interested in any opinions on the sound quality of the cd version vs. the LP version. Any help or information is much appreciated.

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

The mastering on the LP and CD are both very good. I don't think you'll miss out on anything if you get the vinyl set, with a good turntable. The vinyl set will soon be a bit rare, so I'd get the vinyl now, and if you really like it, the CD later, maybe even used.

3. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member

notinear,

I have the vinyl Hendrix Box (also most of the other albums) and it's a very nice package. The music sounds great and the color book is very good quality. I would suggest you track down the vinyl box quickly because it's very, very limited. MCA stopped production early because of difficulty aquiring the purple velvet for the box. I think Red Trumpet had a few left in stock for close to list price. You should be able to track it down for $60-70 if you do some research and stay patient.

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.