Here's the Brubeck DualDisc

Discussion in 'Marketplace Discussions' started by StyxCollector, Feb 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StyxCollector

StyxCollector Man of Miracles Thread Starter

2. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

I was ready to grab it, but he doesn't take PayPal..........probably better off that way.

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Jon, I thought the same thing. I prefer PayPal even if paying with cash (i.e., from my bank account). Also, the seller charges $5 for shipping, which is a bit steep.

4. KeithH

Oh, another reason I held off from buying the copy on eBay is that we don't know if the Dual Disc format will be launched nationally and if any licensing issues with Time Out will be resolved. While the disc is rare now, it may not be in a couple months.

5. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497

True, but the BIN is not THAT bad considering it MAY be a real rarity. Heck, I've spent more on a quad 8 track! :D

6. Kayaker

Kayaker Senior Member

Keep kicking myself for passing on it the day it came out last week. Actually saw five copies of it in Newbury Comics in Newton. Held one and looked at it for a long time. Passed on it because it did not indicate an SACD layer.

7. StyxCollector

It's Priority Mail which is like $4 to begin with. So if you factor in buying a padded envelope, that's actually pretty fair. It's not a ripoff. It'd be a rip if the seller was sending it normal rate and charging you $5. Heck, I've been charged $5 and had it sent book rate from some sellers on places like GEMM. With shipping, if the seller is ripping me a new one, I usually pass by. Or if I want it sent first class and not priority, most sellers are usually willing to haggle if they're honest.

I wouldn't have a problem using money orders. I get 'em all the time. Had to get one today for a R2R deck I bought; he didn't take PayPal. And that was way more than this item is. I look at it this way: it's the same money either way, whether I get it out of the ATM and get a money order or use PayPal.

8. StyxCollector

Looks like the seller just changed his auction to take PayPal. I saw another one up there from another seller as well, but it has a higher starting bid and no Buy It Now.

9. KeithH

StyxCollector, I certainly understand that $5 is reasonable for shipment by Priority Mail. However, I still usually pay less for shipping on eBay. You can get Priority Mail envelopes at the Post Office for free. In any event, $5 for shipping is a turnoff because I've been burned a few times. I've paid $5 for shipping and then found that the seller shipped the item first class for $1.00. :(

So now the seller takes PayPal. A part of me wonders if he is a member or lurker here and saw the complaints.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.