Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

Source:
    http://www.denofgeek.us/tv/heroes-reborn/237326/tim-kring-talks-heroes-reborn

Last edited: Nov 2, 2014
  2. amoergosum

Greg Grunberg really wants to be in Heroes Reborn >>>

3. amoergosum

4. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Oh look... it's a trailer for a trailer.

5. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

I'm sorry, but I don't have enough positive feelings about the series for the "trailer" to do much for me. Give us some substance!

6. detroit muscle

detroit muscle MIA

7. amoergosum

This teaser was posted yesterday...I'm excited!
    >>>

8. jpelg

jpelg Forum Resident

Kring had it all wrong. It's not the "scarcity" that people find valuable. It's the "quality".

People would rather watch six, or ten, or thirteen really good eps, than a season of 22 that seems to drag on.

9. amoergosum

"
    Posted on Friday, January 16th, 2015 by Germain Lussier

Almost a year has passed since NBC announced that Tim Kring was bringing back his hit show, Heroes. The event, called Heroes Reborn, will be a 13-episode mini-series that should premiere at some point this year. In that time, only one cast member had been revealed, Jack Coleman, reprising his role as the popular “Horn Rim Glasses” man. Now casting is about to get rolling again and the first new addition is NBC and superhero movie alum, Zachary Levi. Read about the new member of the Heroes Reborn cast below.

TV Line broke the news of Levi’s casting, and ran this quote:

"There are a few franchises I’ve always wanted to be a part of, and Heroes is one of them. Chuck gave me the opportunity to wield some fun powers, but an entire world with superpowers is a world I’ve always wanted to explore. I’m so grateful for the opportunity to work with Tim [Kring], and the awesome team around him, in bringing this to life. Moreover, to be working with NBC again is such a reward in itself, as my bonds and relationships there are deep."

There’s no word on whom or what Levi will play except that it’s a “key role.” The president of NBC, Robert Greenblatt, said this about the show overall last week:

"Jack’s the way in, but I think – and I’m not trying to be coy because we just don’t know – you will see several of the old cast popping in to episodes."

Apparently, we’ll be hearing more about casting in the coming weeks. There’s still no public timeline of when we’ll actually see the show on air. But if “Jack’s the way in,” you can assume his hunt for heroes may not have ended with the show.

I really enjoyed Heroes when it first aired but felt it lost a bit of its impact as it went along. It was cancelled after four seasons. Still, a self-contained story set in that world definitely has my interest and Levi is a unique actor that rides that line between funny and goofy, but also serious and geeky. He’s a nice addition.

Who do you hope returns for the Heroes Reborn cast? For me, if you don’t bring back at least two or three of the core characters played by Ali Larter, James Kyson Lee, Masi Oka, Hayden Panettiere, Adrian Pasdar, Zachary Quinto, Sendhil Ramamurthy or Milo Ventimiglia, why make the show at all, right?

Here’s the official description of Heroes Reborn:

"The saga behind the 2006 breakout series Heroes will continue as creator Tim Kring returns to the fold and develops new layers to his original superhero concept. This highly anticipated 13-episode miniseries will reconnect with the basic elements of the show’s first season where ordinary people were waking up to the fact that they had extraordinary abilities. This series will be preceded by a new digital series that will introduce audiences to the new characters and storylines that will take the Heroes phenomenon to new places."
    "

Source:
    http://www.slashfilm.com/zachary-levi-heroes-reborn-cast/

10. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Well, they're gonna have to have Hayden Panettiere back so they can reboot the "Save the cheerleader, save
    the world" scenario. Oh wait, she was already saved.......

11. charlie W

charlie W EMA Level 10

Intrigued? Yes. Curious? A little. I still consider the series a 1-season hit wonder never to be repeated again. Will I watch it? Oh yeah.

12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

And Haydn's on ABC's Nashville and I don't think she'll be going anywhere.

I'd like to see Dania Ramirez, Sendhil Ramamurthy and Greg Grunberg return.

13. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Let's hope this one is better than Tim Kring's last show, Touch... :sigh:

14. Oatsdad

Oatsdad Oat, Biscuits, Abbie & Mitzi: Best Dogs Ever

In his defense, it's a lot easier to knock out 6-10 "really good eps" than 22.

That's the big change that's come with the cable series. US audiences used to expect 22-26 new episodes of a series a year, and now they've gotten used to much smaller "runs", with the higher quality that generally comes along for the ride...

15. HiredGoon

HiredGoon Forum Resident

I recall that Heroes split its later seasons into "volumes", of about 12 episodes, which didn't stop it descending into a confusing, sloppy mess.

--Geoff

Vidiot likes this.
  16. Lonson

I actually seemed to have enjoyed Heroes more than many or maybe even most, sort of liked its sprawl and untidiness. Life to me is sprawling and untidy, gave this totally unreal thing some reality. What I most disliked was Sylar over and over and over and over. Jeez.

17. davenav

davenav High Plains Grifter

Oh jeez, please no.

They had no bloody idea what to do with it previously, so why should I have any confidence they have one now?

18. Looking forward to this as I enjoyed the original run. I'm hoping no one else reprises their role, other than for a guest appearance. It will be more interesting with new characters and new powers as well as not being saddled in by what came before.

Lonson likes this.
  19. Scott in DC

Scott in DC Forum Resident

I liked the original series, especially Season 1 but the show lost focus after season 1. One thing that I thought made the series fall apart was the existence of so many people with special powers. It seemed like every other person in the world had special powers. The show stretched logic enough as it was but if they had focused on a core group of people with special powers then I think there would have been more of a focus to the show.

Also, the side stories like the Japanese character who goes back in time in Japan (Season 2) was a distraction that I had a hard time following. If they keep the show more focused and limit the characters with special powers then I think the show would have been, and can in the future be much better.

Scott

Tree of Life and Deesky like this.
  20. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Fool me once...

21. amoergosum

22. Lonson

Good news. I like Quinto but felt they overused him in the story lines and that was a detriment to the series.

23. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

I think the two biggest problems were: 1) they kept repeating the plot gimmick of people losing all their powers and/or an ordinary human suddenly gaining massive powers; 2) several characters died and then mysteriously came back, which kind of makes death no longer a risk. It was a weird, confusing, unfocused show that just went in so many directions, it made absolutely no sense. I gave up on it at the end of the 3rd season and just bailed. People I know who stuck with it to the bitter end tell me that when the show was cancelled, there were a couple of dozen loose plot issues that were never explained, never dealt with, and never really concluded.

I got to work with him on a feature a year ago, and he was a delight and really good to work with. Genuine good guy -- also very funny and could ad lib all over the place.

24. sixtiesstereo

sixtiesstereo Senior Member

Could it by any chance have been this? This is a hilarious spoof of a lot of "giant spider" movies and it's
    actually a lot of fun and he comes across, like you say, as a "genuine good guy" and he seems to be
    ad-libbing quite a bit........

[​IMG]

25. Mark Nelson

Mark Nelson Forum Resident

So I'm assuming it's the success of all of the superhero films and TV series that have hit since HEROES went off the air that was the motivation
    to resurrect this, rather than a clamoring public. I liked the show during its original run, but agree that it ran out of steam after a while. I'm
    all for a shorter run that's more focussed this time out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.