Heroes Reborn

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by amoergosum, Nov 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, we only had Greg Gunderson for the day, for an as-yet unreleased indie film now titled Underdog Kids. He played the ring announcer for the karate matches, and he was terrific. I told him he was in the funniest scene in the history of Heroes (never aired), where some villain was beating the crap out of him in a comic book store, knocking over racks of magazines, while Greg was yelling, "you can't do this to me! I know J.J. Abrams! I was the jet pilot in Lost!" Absolutely had me on the floor... but those ad-libs never got released, even on a blooper reel.

amoergosum likes this.
  2. amoergosum

amoergosum Forum Resident Thread Starter

"Robbie Kay, coming off playing the villainous Peter Pan on ABC’s Once Upon A Time, will co-star opposite Jack Coleman and Heroes RebornZachary Levi in NBC’s 13-episode event series Heroes Reborn. Like Levi, UK-born Kay will play a new character, with Coleman reprising his Noah Bennet role from the original series. The event series comes from Heroes creator Tim Kring, who executive produces with James Middleton and Peter Elkoff. Matt Shakman is directing the opening episode."

Source:
    http://deadline.com/2015/03/robbie-kay-cast-heroes-reborn-nbc-once-peter-pan-1201393633/

3. DreadPikathulhu

DreadPikathulhu Senior Member

Seems like they've been dragging the broadcast of this series out forever. It had better be good.

4. amoergosum

[​IMG]

Yatta!” Masi Oka will reprise his role as Hiro Nakamura in NBC’s 13-episode revival "Heroes: Reborn", which the network now confirms will premiere in the fall.

I’m excited to return to my Heroes roots,” said Oka, who currently appears on "Hawaii Five-0". “Hiro Nakamura was such an inspirational role to play, and I’m hoping the fans will enjoy seeing him back on TV.

We are thrilled to have Masi back in the Heroes family,” said series overlord Tim Kring. “The character of Hiro Nakamura was such a huge part of the first series’ success, and a gigantic fan favorite. We felt the fans would really love seeing him back in action again.

Source:
    http://tvline.com/2015/03/27/masi-oka-heroes-reborn-hiro-nbc-fall-2015/

5. amoergosum

6. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

Not impressed with this teaser promo:

Looks like a total downer to me. Fool me once, shame on me; fool me twice, shame on NBC.

7. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Pretty lousy teaser, but at least it didn't spoil anything. I'm cautiously optimistic about this one.

8. amoergosum

The teaser promo I posted in post #30 (link) is longer. That doesn't mean it's better though...;)

I'm also not impressed.

Edit:
    Here it is >>>

9. Squealy

Squealy Forum Hall Of Fame

Where was the demand for this show to come back? NBC must have started from a list topped by "Seinfeld" and "Friends" and worked their way down.

10. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

I watched the first season but I found the finale in that one to be a huge letdown.

It made no sense to me that Hiro did not chop Cypher's (or whatever his name was) head off. It's what he had been doing to all the other heroes. I know it would be gruesome, but it's the only solution that made sense at least the way I was following the story. But they want to make money, and they needed a bad guy, so Cypher kept his head. Boo.

I watched sporadically after that just for curiosity but eventually lost interest completely. The new trailer doesn't spark any further interest from me. If the consensus is that this is again a good show, I'll check it out.

11. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

They basically copied Fox with the return of "24". That worked out pretty well I think.

12. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I've been a fan of this show, and as it's coming back I'm going through the four seasons on Blu-ray, up to the beginning of Season 3.

Season 1 is the best and I bet that may be because of the presence of Bryan Fuller as one of the producers. But I guess I like the other seasons more than many, as I always enjoyed them. Fun going through them again getting ready for the "Reborn" series.

xdawg likes this.
  13. xdawg

xdawg in labyrinths of coral caves

My wife and I enjoyed each season too. They each have their own charms. It won't be long before it's time to re-watch them.

14. Drew

Drew Senior Member

I enjoyed rooting for the villain in the first season because the good guys seemed so clueless. After the first season it completely went downhill.

I probably posted the same thing in the "Heroes" thread 10 years ago.

Deesky likes this.
  15. Lonson

Cool. I disagree, but that's the nature of the world. About three weeks to the new series.

16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Absolutely true. I would even advance the beginning of the decline slightly, to the finale episode of season 1, which IIRC was a total fizzer in comparison to what cam before.

Bobby Buckshot likes this.
  17. Bobby Buckshot

Bobby Buckshot Heavy on the grease please

Agreed. See my spoiler in post #35.

18. amoergosum

Official Trailer:

19. amoergosum

20. Lonson

Just about to start Season 4. I disagree that the final three seasons are all subpar, they're quite interesting on re-watching (and not the first time I've done that). They're true to comic book lore and narrations, and nicely adapated to the TV medium. They're a bit complex for a certain type of viewer, and can seem simplistic on the surface. Looking forward to the new series, not long to wait.

Shawn likes this.
  21. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

My guess is that show creator Tim Kring was kind of stung by the relative failure of the shows he did after Heroes, and he knew on some level that neither the fans, the audience, or the network had been satisfied with the previous show's episodes. I'm assuming that he feels he knows where they went wrong and will rectify this with the new show.

I'm not hopeful, given how his later show Touch kind of went all over the place. And that was another series that had stories that wound up in cities around the world, with plots that tried to unify all the ideas together by the end of each episode. That was one nutty series.

22. amoergosum

@Vidiot
    Have you watched the six episode prequel ("Dark Matters") yet? Did you like it?

23. Tree of Life

Tree of Life Hysteria

I agree with your view 100%. I enjoyed Heroes when it started. Then before you know there's 32 people with special powers, then 10 more. I hope they do better this time around.

24. Lonson

I'll take a contradictory viewpoint, it wasn't at all as if "every other person in the world had special powers," and the show did focus on a specific group of persons, about ten altogether, with powers. A friend of mine calls it "X-Men without powers and a ditzy professor" and that's a pretty good description. I thought it was quite a focused show actually. . . and there was good character continuity and building between seasons.

We all like different things! I'm looking forward to the new season, I'm going to re-watch Season Four and continue watching the online mini-episodes beforehand.

25. Vidiot

Vidiot Now in 4K HDR!

No, have not seen it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.