DCC Archive Hey everyone...

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Todd Fredericks, Sep 18, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Todd Fredericks

Todd Fredericks Senior Member Thread Starter

Hey everyone,

I just wanted to let you guys know that me and my family are fine and I'm ready to start participating on the DCC forum again. We had a very scary time here in NY. I work in the Wall Street area (and have worked in the WTC) and luckily I missed a call for temp work that morning. My brother was working in the WTC on the 8th floor and luckily evacuated when the first plane hit. It took us 3 hours to get the news that he was safe. There are several people we've worked with that weren't so lucky and we're devastated. It's now been a week and I'm trying to get life going again. Sckott, a few weeks ago I got a Dynaco ST-70 and it's fantastic. I started doing work on it this weekend (****ing with tubes and caps has been very helpful for me to take my mind off of this horror). It does make music sound more like music. Next week my wife and I are going on a trip to Montreal for a week (we planned it months ago) and we need time to get our heads together. She's very frightened being here (she grew up in R.I.) and I guess I am too (this is my home town). I worked on the TV show 'ED' yesterday (first day back to shooting) and the whole production team were very warm. I don't know why Im rattling off like this but I guess I just wanted to share my thoughts. God bless everyone...

Todd

2. Ben

Ben New Member

Hi, Todd...

Go ahead and rant and ramble - good for the soul.

Am in the business, too...shooting on a pilot I am working on in LA will pick up again tomorrow...we have to pick up our lives and move forward as confidently as we can...

Worked in WTC #2 for two years as a courier back in the 80's....it was truly a shocking experience...

Take good care of your wife and yourself and know that it will take time to deal with this...give yourselves that time...

We're all in this together...take care and God Bless America!

Ben :)

3. Steve Hoffman

Steve Hoffman Your host Your Host

Hi Todd,

Happy to hear from you. We were worried! Glad things are ok.

My best,

Steve

4. ED in NY

ED in NY New Member

Hi Todd, I'm glad to hear you and your family are all OK. My sister works in your part of town as well. She was coming up out of the subway when the 2nd jet hit right in front of her and was on the sidewalk later on when it came down. She ran like hell (good for her being in shape) and spent the rest of the day getting back home to Brooklyn. She was lucky, especially with her wedding 2 weeks away, though many were not. I'm glad you were. Take care & God Bless -ED

5. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Heyy, WB Todd. I'm glad that you and yours are okay. It's paralizing just how many people are effected from last Tuesday. Some families still have hope that their family member is somewhere lost in a hospital. People are getting more and more angry about it, every day.

For me, I've gone and braided my own DIY connecting cable, using it for a few interconnects and speaker wire. Lots of solder smoke in the air. My fingers are tired, but it's something to take WC off my mind.

I almost bought a 3rd Dynaco ST-70 at the MIT "Yard sale" down in Boston, but I left it be. Glad to hear your Dynaco is working great. It's a wonderful amp with simple circut ideas. I agree it's a wonderful creative waste of time, short of giving tuneups to the family car.

Keep groovin, be careful and don't be afraid to vent.

6. Gary

Gary Nauga Gort! Staff

Todd, I'm really happy that you and yours are safe. And everyone from NYC on this board are also safe. Thank God!

Even I have a story. My brother in law was scheduled to fly on Tuesday from NYC (lives in Armonk) to Boston to LA but rescheduled the trip because of work requirements - he drove to Boston instead.

Take care.... and I second the motion: God Bless the USA!

7. Todd Fredericks

Thanks everyone for your responses. This is just a terrible time for everyone but we'll make the best of it. I was working by the site today at a temp job and saw the wreckage and it just doesn't seem real... Anyway, everyone be safe and let's let the music help us get through it.

All the best,

Todd

8. GregM

GregM The expanding man

My cousin was on jury duty when the planes crashed and courthouses closed. She was walking home up 6th Ave as the buildings came down. Thank g-d she is ok--or as ok as is possible after witnessing that. She used to work in bldg 7. The rest of my family is ok too and I just can't comprehend the loss for those more directly effected.

9. Todd Fredericks

Greg,

I'm really glad to hear your cousin got out of there safely during the attack. It's very comforting to know the news of people who made it to safety. These are very scary times and we're all out there to support each other during this. Put some good music on and keep hope going. I'm listening to a battered up vinyl copy of Springsteen's "The River". Lots of pops and crackle but such a damn good album.

All the best,

Todd

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.