DCC Archive Hey Sckott - I'm in need of some tube news!!!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by indy mike, Sep 12, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. indy mike

indy mike Forum Pest Thread Starter

Whoooo, I'm in tube withdrawl Sckott - any new developments on the glowing bottle front??? :D

2. Sckott

Sckott Hand Tighten Only.

Yah. Don't go ordering anything via mail in at least a week. In fact, I would write off this month completely as far as eBaying or web ordering. UPS and USPS is backed up something insaine. Our nation's disaster will need overwhelming attention from all shipping vehilcles, so, sorry, no tubes this week. :(

I'll be going to a Ham Radio conference in NH sometime in OCT or sometime soon, supposedly a goldmine for tubes. I'll be building later in that time. For now, I'm sitting tight ;)

-Sckott

3. wes

wes Senior Member

Yeah it's crazy, I ordered a Super PAS 3i tube preamp from Van Alstine. The amp is being assembled, and should be done by the end of the month. I wouldn't be surprised if there's still a delay come September 28th. That's ok, I just hope we get everything figured out. They made 8 or 9 more arrests at the JFK airport last night, so it aint over yet.

4. Matt

Matt New Member

I heard this morning that it may very well turn out that all those arrests made in NY may be false alarms. Looked real suspicious, but supposedly the reported knives may have been equipment stowed with the crew's equipment, not the luggage of the arrested men, fake ID's in some cases were just stupid judgments on the part of the arrested men (one guy had an invalid ID so he figured he'd just use his brother's ID; just foolish)...one guy had an address that matched the Boston apartment complex address of one suspected Bin Laden follower, and that set off alarms, but amazingly enough, it seems that it may just be a coincidence.

Even if it is over, who knows how long it's going to take before everyone here regains some decent sense of security.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.