Hi-Res Download News (HDTracks, ProStudioMasters, Pono, etc.) & Software/Mastering Part 12**

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by Gary, May 9, 2015.

1. NearysEpiphany

NearysEpiphany Forum Resident

2. PTgraphics

PTgraphics Senior Member

How is Fleetwood Mac Rumors for $8.99?

Pat

3. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

Actually this Canadian was able to get the specially priced albums.

Plus there is a 20% off code that works too: MUSICONLY20BFRIDAY

Unfortunately, I see we have to pay GST :(

4. Stereosound

Stereosound Forum Resident

Michael F (Member)
    @Randy Leasure (PonoMusic) This is great news. Thank you. Quick question. Are both the album sales and discount code only available to those in the U.S.? Or does the discount code also apply to the Canadian store?

Randy Leasure (PonoMusic)
    Hi @Michael F (Member) Correct, The Black Friday offers are US specific but we will definitely be running Canadian focused special offers and features coming up. Thanks

5. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

It is the same mastering as the 2001 DVD-A/2008 SACD: good. A bit bright here and there, a bit too compressed on Go Your Own Way. Otherwise good.

PTgraphics, soka and Dino like this.
  6. soka

soka Forum Resident

Have you compared it to the original CD? :)

7. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

There are many different original CDs of this album, I rapidly heard one of them and I prefered the Hi-Res remaster. Also heard a couple vinyl pressings. I'm happy with the Hi-Res remaster. YMMV.

JediJoker likes this.
  8. Rip van Radio

Rip van Radio Forum Resident

I see that Highresaudio has an 88.2 version of The Rising. Will buy that later today.

9. mindblanking

mindblanking The Bourbon King

Acoustic Sounds has Sinatra "voice on the air" for around $45. Way cheaper than HDTracks or Pono. Anyone pick it up? How's the sound?

10. soka

soka Forum Resident

I see, thanks. I've been holding back on the hi-res Rumours, as the reviews have been quite confusing to read, to say the least.
    Do you happen to know if the Qobuz version is the one to get? S/T and Tusk in hi-res are great imo.

11. Plan9

Plan9 Mastering Engineer

AFAIK there is only one Rumours Hi-Res mastering. It's different from the other Fleetwood Mac Hi-Res in that it was remastered. The other albums are flat transfers.

rbbert and crispi like this.
  12. soka

soka Forum Resident

Thank you :)

13. TokenGesture

TokenGesture Forum Resident

High Res Audio have Springsteen's Tunnel of Love in 24/44 (they say the 24/96 was up sampled). Anyone heard this one?

14. crispi

crispi Vinyl Archaeologist

Thank you. Didn't have that info myself, but it's what my ears told me. The other albums sound VERY relaxed and dynamic at the same time. Rumours isn't bad, but sounds just a wee bit more processed.

15. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

I can safely recommend this one, dynamic and good EQ.

TokenGesture and rburly like this.
  16. brimuchmuze

brimuchmuze Forum Resident

I guess they have some holes to close then, because they worked for me.

(Take your time Pono)

17. bare trees

bare trees Senior Member

I was able to use the code and it worked for me but as you mentioned, I had to pay GST.

18. Six String

Six String Senior Member

I thought I mentioned this but couldn't find it so I'm posting this again for Mark Lanegan fans. There's a new vinyl box set of Mark's earlier albums but (so far) they haven't announced any single album sells but Pono has them at 96/24 for $15 which would be 20% off this weekend. I wish I had thought this through and waited for a discount code but then Pono has been a bit stingy with discounts so it's not like I could be sure of one. Oh well.

macdaddysinfo likes this.
  19. robertawillisjr

robertawillisjr Music Lover

ProStudioMasters has a 45% discount on selected titles. I forget when it is over.

20. zikarus

zikarus Well-Known Member

Thx for the hint!

Even better and despite what the cover may suggest: the 1978 Hermit of Mink Hollow album is included too, so you get 8 albums in total...

Dino likes this.
  21. Marty Gillis

Marty Gillis New Member

I just listened to ELO's "Time" 192/24 from HDTracks after re-authoring the files into a DVD-A @ 192/24 LPCM that my Oppo 95 could play w/o gaps. (lots of segues on this album) My first impression is WOW! I have owned this album since it was first released in 1981 with more than 100 listens over the years (all formats and masterings) and I really felt I was hearing it for the first time again, only better! Lightly compressed to my ears, but nowhere near any of the CD releases. Tight and musical sounding! Massive imaging. This title is well worth it if you are an ELO or Jeff Lynne fan.

oneway23 likes this.
  22. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Hi folks.

Gave the discount Pono code another try and it worked for me, despite the fact that I live North of the 49th parallel.

Now if only the Canadian dollar would rise to par with the U.S. greenback ... :)

23. onebit

onebit Forum Resident

I find it hilarious that Pono now has a Canadian store, but I can't buy Neil Young's music on it.

24. conjotter

conjotter Forum Resident

Hey onebit.

Just ensure you spend at least $50 and the 20 per cent code should work. It did for me.

25. onebit

onebit Forum Resident

Yes, the coupons work for other artists, but none of Neil's titles will stay in my cart. Weird!