HK CCR SACD Wave file graphic

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by JonUrban, Feb 24, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

Goldenboy is not the only Guinea Pig! I got my HK CCR SACD today, and I actually have the original CCR Gold quadraphonic 8 track :eek: to compare it to. Since a lot of you are into the sound files, I figures I would post the corresponding graphics of the wave files to the begining of "Bad Moon Rising".

On the discrete Quad 8 playback, there are no drums in the front channels. On the HK SACD, the drums are EVERYWHERE, indicating a "reverb" type of fake multichannel.

Obviously, we already know this is a joke, but here are the wave files for you to look at. (NOTE: I put the fronts together and the rears together for comparision purposes.

[​IMG]

2. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Jon, where are the wave files? By the way, have you listened to the stereo track on the SACD? How is it?

3. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

Jon, sorry. When I pulled up this thread the first time, the pictures didn't come up.

4. Grant

Grant Life is a rock, but the radio rolled me!

No picture here...

5. lsupro

lsupro King of Ignorers

I see the pic..... very interesting reaults

6. Dean De Furia

Dean De Furia Senior Member

What we need is a proper SH multichannel surround mix. I hope he gives it a try. I also have a copy of the Q8 and don't like that mix either. Don't get me wrong, I love a good aggressive surround mix, it's just that the Q8 isn't balanced enough.

7. JonUrban

JonUrban SHF Member #497 Thread Starter

You might have to give it a few minutes. The graphics file is about 470k. It is a jpeg, but I wanted to post it with the most detail, so it is at 100% quality.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.