Holy Simon and Garfunkel!

Discussion in 'Music Corner' started by teaser5, Mar 20, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. teaser5

teaser5 Cool Rockin' Daddy Thread Starter

2. BradOlson

BradOlson Country/Christian Music Maven

Yep, that does remind me of the cover of S&G's Bookends album.

3. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Wow! Clone City...Reminds me of those guys who cloned Martin & Lewis! Something to do with a Gorilla in Brooklyn?

4. audio

audio New Member

5. KeithH

KeithH Success With Honor...then and now

That's just not right. :)

6. RetroSmith

RetroSmith Forum Hall Of Fame<br>(Formerly Mikey5967)

Clone

>>>>>>>right!!1

1956 " Bela Lugosi Meets a Brooklyn Gorilla". Two guys that looked and sounded EXACTLY like Martin and Lewis. So much so that the movie componay of Martin and Lewis sued them!!

7. GuyDon

GuyDon Senior Member

I was at a record store a few years back and saw copies of both Bookends and Kruder & Dorfmeister. I put them side by side in the album racks and for the next ten minutes I amused myself by watching the double takes and laughter the display elicited from shoppers.

8. Michael

Michael I LOVE WIDE S-T-E-R-E-O!

Re: Clone

I think it was intentional...LOL! Cool movie, It might be out on DVD...I'll have to check..and the Martin guy could also sing! I guess the suit worked...they never made another.

9. Burningfool

Burningfool Just Stay Alive

I love stuff like that. I remember when Jackson Browne's "Running On Empty" was new (OK, so I'm kinda old) the record store that I used to frequent (Johnny B. Goode in Wheaton, IL) had it on the front rack right next to the soundtrack from "Close Encounters Of The Third Kind." My buddy who was the manager left them there for months because they looked VERY similar.

Chris

10. stereoptic

stereoptic Anaglyphic GORT Staff

Didn't Marshall Crenshaw use a sound bite from that movie at the beginning of What Do You Dream Of? on Miracle of Science ?

11. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Re: Re: Clone

It's definitely out on DVD, I just bought it for eight bux over the weekend. Haven't had a chance to watch it yet, though...

Duke Mitchell and Sammy Petrillo are the Dean and Jerry clones:
    http://www.wfmu.org/LCD/21/petrillo.html

12. reechie

reechie Senior Member

Re: Re: Re: Clone

Oh BTW, the line from the film used on Crenshaw's Miracle Of Science was as follows:

Sammy: Where am I?

Duke: Where are you?!? You're in our dressing room at the Jungle Hut in Passaic, New Jersey, and we're on next! Come on, let's go!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.