Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcb

marcb Senior Member

Duh...absolutely correct. But they could have at least still figured which car to track...however that would be too easy!

2. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Well, they might have done - they just showed a moment of indecision. We don't know (yet) what they ended up doing. Okay, I'm done explaining away the writers' shortcomings! :D

3. Rufus McDufus

Rufus McDufus Forum Resident

The traditional arc over a season of Carrie becoming gradually more unhinged appears to be progressing as normal.

Also when we saw the 3rd 4x4 show up I was placing mental bets on whether Damien Lewis was going to climb out. Don't someone tell me he's not in this series!

GentleSenator likes this.
  4. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

He's dead, man. Just accept it. :shake:

5. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

last episode ( showed in France same time as the US with one day behind because time difference ) was really good indeed

i still think Saul ex CIA boss on his own without agents or bodyguards wandering around in Pakistan is unrealistic , no wonder he got caught .

two questions not clear for me

The "deadbeat rat" ambassador 's husband : was he blackmailed into this ( i remember him getting beat up ) but its not clear why he is acting like this

those drones ; are they in reality that easy to handle with joysticks and can they give so detailed photos like in the last scene ? ( 24 hours last season was over the top with those too )

thanks

6. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, they are easily handled via joysticks and getting high quality pictures is easy, as you can get decent pictures from satellites in orbit (which are at a much higher altitude than drones). However, the drones wouldn't be able hover (or loiter) over the same spot, as it seemed to be portrayed in the show.

7. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Tonight's episode had an almost "What The F..." moment during the final scene.

Deesky and MikeT like this.
  8. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

They've totally give up on it in Australia. It's been knocked back to 10.30PM. After the repeats of Law & Order SVU.

9. :agree: :eek: Great season so far. I won't disclose any spoilers until more have seen the episode.

10. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Yes, that was my initial reaction too, but then I figured it must be a hallucination. Another strong episode.

11. rjp

rjp Senior Member

being that it was homeland........i was telling my wife that anything is possible.

mrjinks likes this.
  12. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Showtime has renewed Homeland for another season.

rd1 likes this.
  13. chacha

chacha Forum Resident In Memoriam

Just got caught up and I'm finding this season much more compelling than last which was a mess for me. I'm diggin it again.

14. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

I did NOT see that coming!

15. Maseman66

Maseman66 Forum Resident

Loving this season. It's back on track.

Deesky likes this.
  16. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Wow, the latest episode (Halfway To A Donut) was amazing. It definitely feels like it's getting back to the heights of season 1. Can't wait for the next one!

17. Blastproof

Blastproof Senior Member

So, the way they marked each individual with a little red triangle? Why not do that with Saul's car back when they first saw him captured? This struck me a little bit like "C.S.I." - overreaching technology for dramatic flair. I get why they did it, but it seemed a little too sci-fi for this show. Does this ability actually exist? Seems like the individuals would have to have a transponder or something to make it possible.

I KNOW! It's a TV show! And I am certainly enjoying this season much more than the last one...!

18. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

To what end? How do the little red triangles changer anything?

19. rjp

rjp Senior Member

i am looking forward the face to the inevitable face between carrie and the pakistani woman.....should be very interesting.

20. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Interesting how people perceive things differently and have different tastes. This episode bugged me--Saul's escape didn't seem plausible, his being led to recapture didn't seem plausible technologically, Kahn's character and actions didn't seem plausible, the Director putting up with Carrie seems unlikely. . . . I enjoyed last season more to be honest. But it's still one of the best hours of television available.

21. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Why?

Why?

Why?

Why?

22. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

I have my reasons but don't want to get into exchanges with you about them.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2014
  23. Scott222C

Scott222C Loner, Rebel & Family Man

I have given up on this make-believe spy-soap opera after season 2 - I would watch again if they killed off Saul and Carrie - two of the most annoying characters of any current TV show

24. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

Thanks for threadcrapping sharing.

25. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

The city is a fixed location, so with a drone overhead its probably not too hard to keep an eye on the Taliban soldiers and Saul. As long as the drone has an uninterupted view of the area, that seems plausible. With Saul and the cars, they didn't know which car Saul was in and the cars were going in three separate directions, so one drone wouldn't be able to track them all for very long. Yeah, they probably should have anticipated that as the situation was happening, but were thrown off by seeing Saul there in the first place, and so in the confusion weren't sure which car he was in. There's a similar scene in the Ridley Scott movie "Body Of Lies" where the group that assumes it is being watched by drone place a valuable target in one of (I think) five identical cars and the cars all drive together in a circle kicking up a big dust cloud (they are in the desert) so that the drones can't tell which car has the target in it. Then they all exit the dust cloud in separate directions. I thought that was clever. Back to Homeland, I do agree that they should have been able to quickly analyze the video and presumably can re-wind like a DVR with live TV, but they didn't. I don't think marking the Taliban soldiers in the city the way they did last episode was technologically impossible.

Blastproof likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.