Homeland: New show on Showtime

Discussion in 'Visual Arts' started by kwadguy, Oct 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Splungeworthy

Splungeworthy Forum Rezidentura

I was totally holding my breath with Saul. But wouldn't having a drone hovering over the city act like a giant "x" for pointing out Saul to the Taliban?
    You can see from the 60 Minutes piece that Patinkin is a major pain in the ass, but he is an undeniably great actor.

2. misterdecibel

misterdecibel Bulbous Also Tapered

At least he doesn't sing on "Homeland"!

3. npc145

npc145 music junkie

Hello. My name is Saul Berenson. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

4. Lucidae

Lucidae AAD

Hard to picture him in that role now, huh?

wayneklein and npc145 like this.
  5. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Saul's been my favorite character on the show since it began. I actually don't like Carrie much and almost find myself rooting against her.

wayneklein, Humbuster and mmars982 like this.
  6. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

great last episode , so tense
    this season is really good

7. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

As far as shown onscreen - they could easily have done it after the dramatic scene-fade. But I don't think it would make much difference. Saul was still a captive regardless of the car he was in and any attack on any car would likely get him killed, either directly by the strike or as a revenge attack by the others.

Indeed it's not, though the red squares added nothing really, except maybe to visualize their positions more clearly. Visual motion/target tracking is a highly developed area of computer vision, so this would be trivial to do. And they knew Saul's position exactly by his cell transmissions.

Yes, exactly. In fact, this is how they knew where to look (as explained in the episode itself).

Real mature.

8. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

Listen I just lost my mother and you take these things so seriously and aggressively, I just don't want to go into a series of you quoting my posts over and over again right now, especially as my objections are to technical possibilities/impossibilities that you are certainly no expert on. And I just don't really enjoy your confrontational approach. It's best for me to avoid replying to you for now.

I'm glad you and others are really enjoying this season; I'm enjoying it a little less than last, at least the last three episodes or so.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2014
  9. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

I have an confrontational approach? I like to debate points I find of interest and always provide detailed reasons for why I see things the way that I do. You may disagree and that's fine. However, if you don't wish to engage in further discussions, I guess that's fine also.

10. Just finished watching this week's episode. Oh my Lord. :eek: When you think the writers can't top what they just did...

No episode next week, on November 30, due to the U.S. Thanksgiving holiday weekend.

We have wait 2 weeks until the next episode. :help:

Mylene and dlemaudit like this.
  11. Deesky

Deesky Forum Resident

Freaking awesome episode. High tension throughout, great acting and surprise twist ending. When I think back to the Dana based episodes of the past, it's hard to imagine this is the same show!

12. agentalbert

agentalbert Senior Member

Completely agree. I really like that they've transferred the show overseas and the domestic issues (Brody's kids, Brody's wife, etc) are completely absent. They really shouldn't have given Carrie that baby, but as long as she and the show just pretend it doesn't exist, the show is great.

13. rjp

rjp Senior Member

just an amazing episode last night.

this show just keeps topping itself.

clair danes better get that emmy nod back, what a superb actress she is.

how about the the "no previews".......just leave us hanging....for 2 weeks.

14. GLUDFSSR

GLUDFSSR Senior Member

Just finished watching last nights episode. FANTASTIC!!!!!!
    This just might have been one of if not the best episodes of the whole run.
    Definitely an Emmy consideration episode for just the scene on the Tarmac with Carrie and Saul.

bababooey likes this.
  15. GentleSenator

GentleSenator what if

This season really is pretty good. It's a long ways from where it started and feels more like a Tom Clancy movie now, but I'm still going to hang on and ride this one out.

16. misterdecibel

Guess there's not much they could show that wouldn't be a spoiler.

17. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

what a great episode tonight ( here in France its shown on cable same time as the US for once but of course a day behind )
    what was the ambassador's husband thinking ?!! what a *****

18. Tex_Writer

Tex_Writer Well-Known Member

Brody's wife was always must-see TV for me!

[​IMG]

19. dlemaudit

dlemaudit Forum Resident

i prefer the iranian CIA agent or even the Pakistanese secret service bitch

mmars982 likes this.
  20. Mylene

Mylene Senior Member

I was thinking the show was slipping into formula. Then ..... WOW!!!

21. Lonson

Lonson I'm in the kitchen with the Tombstone Blues

All three are beautiful actresses.

Tex_Writer likes this.
  22. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

This new season is so great. The most recent episode with the prisoner swap was incredibly intense.

23. misterdecibel

How the hell do they get out of this one? They had all their eggs in one basket.

Mylene likes this.
  24. Bachtoven

Bachtoven Forum Resident

I'm thinking decoy vehicles.

25. jwoverho

jwoverho Licensed Drug Dealer

Terrific episode! Great work from the leads and several unexpected twists. Agree that the domestic issues have been a drag on the show in the past. Taking the action overseas was the right move for the writers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.